Eva Longoria says Hollywood “gatekeepers” are often white men who try to “dictate” ethnicity.
The Latina actress is among a host of stars featured in The New York Times article ‘What It’s Really Like to Work in Hollywood* (*If you’re not a straight white male)’.
In the article, Eva, as well as Julia Roberts, Queen Latifah and America Ferrera, all give their thoughts on the issue of stereotyping within the film industry and dealing with issues of sexism and racism.
“Some white male casting director was dictating what it meant to be Latino,” the Telenovela star explained, recalling one incident where she was criticised for not sounding or looking ethnic enough for a role. “He decided I needed an accent. He decided I should (have) darker coloured skin.
Continue reading: Eva Longoria: 'I Won’T Be Dictated To About Ethnicity'
Comedians Amy Schumer And Chris Rock Have Been Recognised For Their Talents Behind The Camera After Earning Nominations For The 2016 Directors Guild Of America Awards.
The Trainwreck star and co-director Ryan MCFaul are up for the Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Variety/Talk/News/Sports - Regularly Scheduled Programming prize for their acclaimed 12 Angry Men sketch on her U.S. series Inside Amy Schumer, while Rock earned a nomination for directing the comedienne's stand-up special, Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo.
He is up against the likes of Sofia Coppola (A Very Murray Christmas) and Don Roy King, who directed Rock in the Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special last year (15), in the Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Variety/Talk/News/Sports - Specials category.
Meanwhile, in the category of Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Series, Steven Soderbergh (The Knick) and Matthew Weiner (Mad Men) will fight off competition from the directors of Downton Abbey, Homeland and Game of Thrones, while Louis C.K. (Louie) and Jill Soloway (Transparent) will vie for the Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series trophy against directors from Veep, Silicon Valley and Modern Family.
The 'Gravity' star will once again work with George Clooney on the re-make.
Sandra Bullock is to lead the cast of an all-female re-boot of the classic movie Ocean’s Eleven, according to a new report. The project will also see her re-unite with her Our Brand Is Crisis collaborator George Clooney, who will be taking up a production role.
It’s the latest example of Hollywood’s recent preference for re-booting old movies with a female cast, such as the upcoming Ghostbusters movie which stars Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy, and the Marvel comic book adaptation Doctor Strange, which will feature Tilda Swinton as 'The Ancient One', a role that was originally thought to be occupied by a male actor.
Sandra Bullock will apparently be heading up an all-female re-make of 'Ocean's Eleven'
Continue reading: Sandra Bullock To Lead All-Female Cast Of 'Ocean's Eleven' Re-Make
Steven Soderbergh has uploaded a black and white, largely silent version of 'Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark' to his website.
It's nice to know that Steven Soderbergh isn't just spending his retirement sitting around watching Sex, Lies and Videotape or Out of Sight on DVD. The acclaimed director surprised fans on Tuesday (September 23) with a website post that included a recut version of Steven Spielberg's Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, turning it into a black-and-white silent movie to highlight the important of staging in cinema.
Steven Soderbergh has recut Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Noting that it was a project for "educational purposes only", Soderbergh said: "I operate under the theory a movie should work with the sound off, and under that theory, staging becomes paramount." In some segments, the director replaces the sound with sounds lifted from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's compositions for The Social Network.
Continue reading: Steven Soderbergh Recuts 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark' As Silent Movie
The medical period drama has already been commissioned for a second series despite the first not being aired yet.
All eyes are on the upcoming series ‘The Knick’ ahead of its premiere on US television tomorrow evening. The period medical drama features the likes of Clive Owen and Andre Holland and is directed by Steven Soderbergh.
Clive Owen stars in the upcoming medical period drama 'The Knick'
The show revolves around the personal lives and professional struggles of Dr. John Thackery (Owen) and the staff of New York’s Knickerbocker Hospital at the turn of the twentieth century. Thackery leads a surgical team as it battles against high mortality rates and financial troubles, while at the same time he battles a personal cocaine and opium habit.
Continue reading: Positive Reviews Ahead Of 'The Knick' Premiere On Cinemax
Channing Tatum is currently working on a sequel to 'Magic Mike' and insists the strippers' convention he attended were ''absolutely insane''.
Channing Tatum says it gets ''zany and crazy'' at strippers' conventions.
The 34-year-old actor is currently working on a sequel to 'Magic Mike' which was loosely based on his experience as an 18-year-old stripper in Tampa, Florida.
'Magic Mike 2' is inspired by two ''absolutely insane'' strippers' conventions he attended, one of which was in Raleigh, North Carolina where they danced for 3,000 women.
Continue reading: Channing Tatum's 'crazy' Strippers' Conventions
Ben Livingston, Daryl Sabara, Lili Taylor, Scott Z. Burns, Jennifer Westfeldt, Chloe Grace Moretz, Tamara Tunie, Michael O'Keefe and Steven Soderbergh - Opening night after party for The Library at the Public Theater - Arrivals. - New York, New York, United States - Tuesday 15th April 2014
The 'Magic Mike' actor has turned his attention to a sequel even more spectacular than the original.
Channing Tatum has confirmed that a Magic Mike sequel is in the works by posting a photo of himself, pen and paper in hand, looking at a plaster bust of fellow actor Matthew Mcconaughey. Tatum, who had ditched his Magic Mike G-string and rip-off clothing, announced that he was writing the next in the semi-autobiographical stripper comedy's instalment.
Channing Tatum Has Confirmed That He's Writing The 'Magic Mike' Sequel.
"What better way to start writing #MagicMike2 than with my old friend Dallas?#runatribe," he captioned the photo in which he sports a feathered trilby and grey cardigan whilst working at his desk. It is said that the new movie will revolve around a roadtrip as the male strippers go on tour.
Kanye West and Steve McQueen are developing a close friendship and the '12 Years a Slave' director thinks the rapper is a ''lovely man.''
The '12 Years a Slave' director bonded with the 'New Slaves' rapper when he recently interviewed him for the January issue of Interview magazine and Steve hasn't ruled out working with him in the future.
Speaking at the 66th Annual Directors Guild Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday night (25.01.14), the moviemaker told EOnline.com: ''We talk all the time. He's a very lovely man. A lovely man.''
Continue reading: Steve McQueen: Kanye West Is A 'lovely Man'
The 'Gravity' director took home the top honour at last night's Director's Guild of America Awards
Alfonso Cuaron with his shiny and impressive award
Alfonso Cuaron looks like a firm favourite to take home the Academy Award for Best Director when the Oscars roll around this March. The Gravity director was given the top gong at last night's (25 Jan.) Directors Guild Of America Awards, an honour than can only heighten his chances of taking home Hollywood's top prize in a few weeks.
In only seven instances in the DGA Awards' 66 year history has the Best Director Oscar gone to someone who has not won the top honour for directors, with the last instance of this happening coming last year when Ben Affleck won the award, but was not even nominated for the Best Director category at the Oscars for his work on Argo. According to Oddschecker.com, Cuaron is the odds on favourite to take home the Best Director gong in March's ceremony, with 12 Years A Slave director Steve McQueen his nearest competitor.
Aaron Eckhart says he prefers working with directors who have a strong vision and don't take any of his ''c**p''.
Aaron Eckhart only works with directors who don't take any ''c**p''.
'The Dark Knight' actor has teamed up with a host of top filmmakers including Christopher Nolan, Jason Reitman and Steven Soderbergh in the past, and says his main criteria for choosing new projects is being confident in the director's strong point of view.
Eckhart explained in a webchat hosted by Empire magazine: ''I look for directors who can beat me up, that don't take any of my c**p. A great example of that is Antoine Fuqua in 'Olympus Has Fallen'. I like strong directors who know how to tell a story.''
Continue reading: Aaron Eckhart Looks For No-nonsense Directors
An extraordinary tale of friendship and romance is set to hit our screens as the...
Liberace was an American pianist and entertainer well-known for his flamboyant lifestyle and the sense...
Emily Hawkins once thought that her relationship with her husband couldn't be more perfect, however...
Soderbergh applies his brainier brand of filmmaking to the global outbreak thriller genre, and the...
Mallory Kane is a highly trained freelance covert operative who works for the American Government...
Watch the trailer for The Girlfriend Experience There's big money to be made if you're...
Watch the trailer for The Informant! Mark Whitacre is a successful businessman, he works at...
Slowly but surely, George Clooney is venerating different decades from Hollywood's storied past. His Ocean's...