Zayn left the band last month and is said to be now pursuing a solo career.
We knew it would happen one day, but One Direction have officially picked up the pieces and moved on since saying goodbye to Zayn Malik last month. In news which might be upsetting to some, the group have just released their first official photo as a four piece, showing life will go on for the boyband after Zayn's departure.
The new One Direction, minus Zayn Malik
In the pic Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson stand against a plain background and appear to look a little apprehensive about their future. While some have described the image as a little on the depressing side, the band do seem to be getting on with things as normal and have even begun recording their fifth album.
According to their website’s official bio, the follow-up to 2014's million selling Four will be released later this year. Announcing the news on Twitter band member Liam Payne told fans on Monday "First day writing the album. It’s gunna be a great day!"
But it’s not just the band who are moving on, Zayn Malik is also pushing forward. The 22 year old will be making his first public appearance since breaking all those One Direction fans' hearts, when he attends The Asian Awards in London on Friday (April 17th).
Zayn will be accompanied to the event by producer Naughty Boy, who is said to be helping the former 1D star work on solo material. According to People Zayn will be a guest at the awards show, but a source tells the mag he wont be doing interviews. The appearance will be Zayn’s first public outing since he announced his departure from the boyband on March 25th.
Filmmaker Spurlock (Super Size Me) is known for his investigative wit, but there's none of...
British pop heartthrobs One Direction became a worldwide sensation when they were thrust together on...
Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson may make up the...