Several months after Tracy Morgan was involved in a fatal car accident in June, when a Walmart tuck allegedly caused a six-car pileup on the New Jersey Turnpike, which resulted in the comedian being severely injured, he filed a lawsuit against the department store company.

Tracy Morgan
Morgan was severely injured in the crash, and spent several weeks hospitalized

On Monday (Sept 29th), Walmart finally responded to the suit by blaming Morgan for not wearing his seat belt in connection with the injuries he sustained, which included a broken nose, broken ribs, and undergoing emergency surgery to repair a broken femur.

More: Tracy Morgan Speaks Out For First Time Since Fatal Car Crash

"Upon information and belief, plaintiffs' injuries, if any, were caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs' failure to properly wear an appropriate available seatbelt restraint device," Walmart's court paper's read, obtained by THR. "By failing to exercise ordinary care in making use of available seatbelts, upon information and belief, plaintiffs acted unreasonably and in disregard of plaintiffs' own best interests."

Not only Morgan, but several other individuals are suing the retailer mainly due to the apparent condition of the Walmart driver Kevin Roper, who slammed into the '30 Rock' actor's Limo bus, which sent them to hospital as well as killing Morgan's mentor, 63-year-old James McNair.

According to a criminal complaint filed at the time by New Jersey State Police, Roper caused the accident by driving his truck "without having slept for a period in excess of 24 hours."

More: Tracy Morgan Still "Having A Tough Time" Recovering After Car Crash, Says Attorney

"Walmart knew or should have known" that Roper had been "awake for more than 24 consecutive hours" ahead of the crash, the filed response reads. But the documents didn't go into further detail because Walmart has been named a party by the National Transportation Safety Board in an investigation of the crash.

Tracy Morgan
Walmart blame Morgan for not wearing a seatbelt

"Accordingly, absent entry of a Protective Order and adequate protections by the Court to maintain the confidential nature of Wal-Mart's responses as required by the NTSB on-going investigation, Wal-Mart is unable to admit or deny" various allegations in the lawsuit, the corporate giant's suit continued.

After the crash, Roper, 35, of Jonesboro, pleaded not guilty to one count of vehicular homicide and four counts of assault by auto, during his first court appearance at Middlesex County Superior Court in New Brunswick, New Jersey, on June 11th. If he is convicted of all charges he will face up to 15 years in prison.