Are Take That heading to Sin City?
Take That have reportedly signed a deal for a lucrative Las Vegas residency. The British band are said to have impressed promoter with their recent sold-out 'Take That Live' arena tour, despite never previously cracking the US market.
Take That have reportedly signed a deal for a Las Vegas residency.
“Brits are bound to lap up seeing them on foreign soil but there’s also hope the band will attract a completely new fan base from abroad,” a source told the The Sun.“It’s a huge deal as the lads have always dreamed of cracking America.”
More: Take That To Headline BST Hyde Park In 2016
“Vegas promoters believe Take That put on such a great spectacle that they can deliver in Vegas,” the source added. But it will just be three members of Take That, Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald, who will be taking the stage at Sin City, following the departure of Jason Orange last year.
Despite Take That’s huge success in the UK and Europe, the boyband never managed to break the US market. But with a Las Vegas residency the band will following in the footsteps of major artists such as Elton John, Celine Dion and Britney Spears.
More: Robbie Williams Is Reportedly In Talks To Reunite With Take That Again
Last month Take That were announced as the first headliners for next year’s BST festival at London’s Hyde Park on Saturday July 9, 2016. It will be the first time the group have played at the venue. Speaking about the show, Gary Barlow said: “If someone would have told us in 1991 ‘hey guys in 24 years you’re going to be playing at one of the most famous parks in the world’, I probably wouldn’t have believed whoever said it.”