Marion "Suge" Knight was taken to hospital on Tuesday following an 'unspecified medical emergency', and remained there Wednesday.
Hip-hop mogul Suge Knight remained in hospital on Wednesday, a day after he appeared in court to plead not guilty to charges connected with a hit-and-run incident that caused the death of one man and seriously injured another.
49 year old Knight, once a colossal figure in rap music having founded the influential ‘90s label Death Row Records, was rushed to hospital on Tuesday after suffering what some have said to be a panic attack, though no official statement has yet been made as to what caused the ‘unspecified medical emergency’.
Suge Knight remained in hospital on Wednesday (4 Feb) following a court appearance
A spokesman for the L.A. County Sherriff did not know Knight’s exact medical condition or when he might be released. Knight’s attorney, who had accompanied him to the arraignment at Los Angeles Superior Court in Compton, could not be reached for any comment, according to Reuters.
Knight is facing life imprisonment if found guilty of a murder charge. Last week, the rap impresario, who has been involved in a number of brushes with the law in the past, is said to have run down two men in his pick-up truck following an altercation outside a fast-food restaurant in L.A.
One of the men, Terry Carter (55) died at the scene, while Cle “Bone” Sloan (51) was badly injured but released from hospital a few days ago. Knight’s attorneys are arguing that their client was in fear for his life at the time, and struck the two men by accident while attempting to flee.
Knight has previously served time behind bars for violating terms of past sentences. At the time of the hit-and-run, he was on bail after pleading not guilty in November to stealing a camera from a celebrity photographer.