The rap music mogul, who is currently in jail after being charged with murder, has had his $2.2 million bail revoked because detectives feel he is a "possible flight risk."
It looks like Suge Knight is staying behind bars for the foreseeable future. After running over and killing his friend Terry Carter as well as injuring another person in Compton, Calif. last week, the rap music mogul is now being held without bail in California.
Knight's bail was revoked because he is a "possible flight risk"
On Monday (Feb 2nd) the L.A. County Sheriff's Department released a statement that explained Knight's $2.2 million bail was revoked because he is a "possible flight risk."
"Homicide Detectives petitioned the Bail Commissioner this morning to raise his bail amount from $2,000,000 to 'No Bail,'" the statement read. "This is due to a possible flight risk, 3 strike candidate, possible witness intimidation issues, and a criminal past."
Knight, the co-founder of Death Row Records, turned himself into the authorities on Friday (Jan 30th) after allegedly running over Carter with his pickup truck at Tam's Burgers in the Southern California city. While fleeing the scene he also struck actor Cle "Bone" Sloane, who has appeared in 'Training Day' and 'End Of Watch,' but his injuries were not life threatening.
After Knight was charged with murder, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Lt. John Corina confirmed on Saturday that Sloan and Knight argued and then exchanged punches through the open window of his vehicle.
Knight then backed up his truck, knocking Sloan down and running over Carter. "Then he puts the truck in drive, drives forward, running over him, and then keeps going forward and keeps on driving, and runs over Carter, who is standing in the parking lot, and keeps on going after that," Corina said.
However, Knight's attorney, James Blatt, is adamant that his client is innocent and will eventually be released. "We are confident that once the investigation is completed, he will be totally exonerated," Blatt said last week. "He was in the process of being physically assaulted by two men and in an effort to escape he unfortunately hit two (other) individuals. He was in his car trying to escape."
Knight will next appear in the Compton courthouse Tuesday (Feb 3rd).