Former child star Skye McCole Bartusiak had suffered a series of epileptic seizures in the days leading up to her weekend death, according to her mother.
Her mum Helen reveals Skye first experienced seizures as a baby, but hadn't had another attack for years, until just a week before her passing.
She is convinced the actress lost consciousness after choking during a seizure and reveals her attempts to revive Skye via cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Cpr) proved useless.
She tells CNN, "Nobody was there (when she suffered the suspected seizure)... I've done Cpr on that kid more than one time, and it just didn't work this time."
Honouring her daughter's memory, Helen adds, "She was a kind and really beautiful girl. The girl has lived such an amazing life."