Fans of the Rolling Stones will be able to own a copy of the band's live album from their legendary 'Live At The El Mocambo' club shows.
The Rolling Stones' legendary 'Live At The El Mocambo' concert is being released in full for the first time.
As the iconic rock 'n' roll band celebrate their 60th anniversary, Sir Mick Jagger and co are giving fans the chance to own a copy of the live recordings from the pair of secret gigs at the 300-capacity Toronto club in March 1977.
Available on double CD, 4 LP Black Vinyl, 4 LP Neon Vinyl and digitally, the full set from the March 5 show and three bonus tracks from the March 4 show make up the track-listing.
The new mix is by Bob Clearmountain - the producer who worked on the 'Satisfaction' group's 1981 LP 'Tattoo You'.
Only four of the performances have previously appeared on the 'Love You Live'album in September 1977.
The first two tracks, 'It's Only Rock 'N' Roll' and 'Rip This Joint', are available on digital platforms now.
The Stones' Toronto club shows came about after a radio contest offered tickets to see the Canadian rock band April Wine, with support from the "Cockroaches", who were in fact the 'Paint it Black' hitmakers.
The set included Muddy Waters' 'Mannish Boy', Bo Diddley's 'Crackin' Up', 'Let's Spend The Night Together' and 'Tumbling Dice,' and blues classics Big Maceo's 'Worried Life Blues' and Willie Dixon's 'Little Red Rooster.'
Those lucky enough to attend got to hear the live debut of 'Worried About You,' which went on to feature on 'Tattoo You', plus highlights 'Honky Tonk Women' and 'Hot Stuff.'
The 'Start Me Up' group famously started out as the house band at the Crawdaddy Club in Richmond, Surrey, England, in the 60s.
The live album announcement comes after it was recently revealed that frontman Mick got a thrill out of playing secret club gigs in between stadium shows.
Joe Satriani played with Mick on his solo tour in 1988 and recalled how much satisfaction the rocker got out of playing surprise sets at bars.
He shared: "It seemed like once a month we would find a bar somewhere and we would make a deal with the local band that we would just walk in and take over their gear. And if we needed to bring an extra guitar, we would. But pretty much we plugged in to whatever they had.
“It was always great, just to see Mick turn it on when he’s literally 12 inches away from the audience.
And they can touch him and everything. He loved playing blues songs and rock and roll favourites and stuff. We all got a kick out of it.”
The live album is released in full on May 13.
Pre-order 'Live At The El Mocambo' here: the-rolling-stones.lnk.to/ElMocamboSo.
The track-listing for 'Live At The El Mocambo' is:
1. 'Honky Tonk Women' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
2. 'All Down The Line' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
3. 'Hand Of Fate' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
4. 'Route 66' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
5. 'Fool To Cry' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
6. 'Crazy Mama' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
7. 'Mannish Boy' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
8. 'Crackin' Up' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
9. 'Dance Little Sister' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
10. 'Around And Around' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
11. 'Tumbling Dice' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
12. 'Hot Stuff' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
13. 'Star Star' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
14. 'Let's Spend The Night Together' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
15. 'Worried Life Blues' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
16. 'Little Red Rooster' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
17. 'It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
18. 'Rip This Joint' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
19. 'Brown Sugar' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
20. 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
21. 'Melody' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
22.'Luxury' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
23. 'Worried About You' (Live at the El Mocambo 1977)
On the same day that Glastonbury welcomed back Margate's adopted sons, The Libertines, Margate itself put on it's very own Leisure Festival as it...
Sheffield's very own all girl group Pretty Fierce are still on a high after the recent release of their debut single - 'Ready For Me'.
Three nights before the end of his current tour Will Varley returned to his home town of Deal to delight a sold out crowd in The Astor Theatre.
With only a few days to go before Portsmouth based songstress and producer WYSE releases her new single, 'Belladonna', we caught up with her to find...
Colorado raised, Glasgow educated and Manchester based Bay Bryan is nothing if not a multi-talented, multi-faceted artist performing as both...
Former Marigolds band member Keelan Cunningham has rediscovered his love of music with his new solo project Keelan X.
Wiltshire singer-songwriter Luke De Sciscio, formally known as Folk Boy, is set to release is latest album - 'The Banquet' via AntiFragile Music on...
Electronic music pioneer and producer Annie Elise says that the release of her first EP - 'Breathe In, Breathe Out' feels "both vulnerable and...
In 1995 The Rolling Stones released an album called Stripped. It featured a number of...
The Rolling Stones may not have released an album for eight years, but they are...
Watching the Rolling Stones' home movies while they reminisce on the soundtrack is thoroughly entertaining,...