Williams released a YouTube video explaining the reason for his tour cancellation last month.
Having cancelled a section of his tour recently, Robbie Williams has revealed that he made the decision because he had received some “very worrying” test results that saw him get admitted to intensive care in hospital.
The 43 year old singer, who released his most recent album The Heavy Entertainment Show this time last year, cancelled three prestigious gigs in Russia in September at the end of his recent European tour, without offering an explanation.
However, on Wednesday (October 25th), Williams has shared a YouTube video in which he details the reasons for the cancellations – and they’re a lot more alarming than anybody could have thought.
Robbie Williams pulled out of three Russian gigs last month
“I've been recovering from an illness now for the last five weeks,” the cheeky singer says in the video. “Unfortunately that illness kicked in just at the end of my tour, a tour which was going so well. The audiences were incredible, I was okay, the band was amazing, I was a soldier and I needed to finish that tour and I needed to go to Moscow and I needed to go to St. Petersburg and then I got some test results. They were very worrying and I ended up in ICU, so I couldn't go.”
“I haven't pulled out of a tour for bad health since 1998, so you know if I can't do it then there's something going on that I just can't do,” he continued, not disclosing what the illness was precisely.
Father-of-two Williams also said that his gradual recovery had led to him changing his diet, becoming a vegan, and take up pilates: “I do yoga every day and have a really big burger on a Sunday. I have a cheat meal,” he quipped.
“But I’m looking after myself,” he concluded. “I'm not feeling 100 per cent but I'm getting there, and I know I'm going to be better than ever.”