Kardashian's husband, rapper Kanye West, presented the superproducer with the organisation's Fashion Icon prize at the New York City gala and the pals later headed out for dinner together.

However, the night almost ended in disaster after the feathers on the shoulders of the reality TV beauty's sheer Proenza Schouler gown were accidentally set alight.

Kardashian revealed the mishap on Instagram.com on Tuesday (02Jun15), when she shared a photo of the foursome on the red carpet at the CFDAs.

In the accompanying caption, she writes, "Shout out to Pharrell & Helen who saved my life last night! LOL (laugh out loud) After the awards at dinner the feathers of my dress caught on fire from a candle & they jumped on me to get it out!"