Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards has been left with nasty burns on her hands and arms after an accident involving her boiler at her new home in Surrey.

The 22 year old singer took to the group’s official Twitter account to reveal a couple of pictures which show some painful-looking blisters and scalds on both her hands and up her forearms, which happened after the pilot light on her boiler “blew up” on Thursday night (February 25th).

“So today I had an accident… and by accident I mean I accidentally set myself on fire,” Perrie wrote. “The pilot light on my boiler blew up and it set my arm/hand on fire. Not a pleasant experience.”

Perrie EdwardsPerrie Edwards arriving at the Brit Awards with her mum Debbie

She continued: “I’m in pain, full of blisters, there’s not one hair left on my hand or arm, and it burned the sleeve of my favourite jumper. F***ing nightmare. A little advice from me… STAY AWAY FROM FIRE.”

More: Single Perrie Edwards is going to be “naughty” on Little Mix tour

The accident happened less than 24 hours after Little Mix had performed their single ‘Black Magic’ at the 2016 Brit Awards on Wednesday. After the ceremony ended, Perrie and her bandmate Leigh-Anne Pinnock were spotted with One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson at the Sony afterparty at The Arts Club in Mayfair.

It proved that there’s no bad blood between the remaining Directioners and Little Mix, both products of ‘The X Factor’, after Zayn Malik split up with Perrie last summer after just having bought a lavish London home together.

Perrie has recently been making moves to break with the past, putting up that house for sale and buying a place of her own in Surrey. It’s at this new house that the nasty accident is presumed to have happened.

More: Perrie Edwards moves on from Zayn Malik by purchasing £1 million Surrey bungalow