Kent Police had been searching for the person who supplied Peaches Geldof with the heroin that killed her for over a year.
15 months after her death, police have dropped the investigation into uncovering the identity of the drug dealer that supplied the heroin which caused Peaches Geldof to overdose, meaning that the culprit may never be discovered.
The TV presenter, model and second daughter of Band Aid creator Sir Bob Geldof was found dead at the age of 25 at her home in Wrotham, Kent on April 7th 2014. Her cause of death was later confirmed to be an overdose of heroin, and police have endeavoured to find the dealer who supplied it since. However, it seems that they’ve drawn a blank after more than a year of investigation.
Detectives at Kent Police stated on Friday (July 3rd): “Our investigation into the supply of drugs to Peaches Geldof-Cohen has exhausted all lines of inquiry and has now concluded.”
Police have called off the search for the drug dealer who supplied Peaches Geldof with heroin
Another spokesperson, Det. Supt. Paul Fotheringham, added that they would re-open the case if any new witnesses came forward. “I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to Peaches' family who have supported our inquiries during what has been a difficult time,” he said.
The police search of Peaches’ home, which she shared with her husband Tom Cohen and her two young children Astala and Phaedra (now 3 and 2 respectively), found 6.9g of the Class A drug hidden in a cupboard, worth between £350 and £550. Initial suspicions she had planned to take her own life were quickly ruled out.
At the inquest into her death last year, Cohen said that Peaches had begun to use heroin again in February that year, having taken the substitute drug methadone for two years previously. He was away visiting relatives with the elder of their two children on the weekend in question, but had become concerned when she failed to answer her phone.
Upon his return, he found her slumped on the bed and rang emergency services. Closing the inquest, coroner Roger Hatch ruled that Peaches’ death had been “drug related”.