From epilepsy to cancer - these stars are battling with their health.
Pamela Anderson has revealed to her fans that she is finally cured of Hepatitis C, something that she contracted back in 2002 allegedly from her former husband Tommy Lee. She's well-known as being a total health freak with her vegan, all-fresh lifestyle - so it's huge news to hear her health has gone up another level.
Pamela Anderson is finally cured of Hepatitis C
The model and actress revealed the news on Instagram, alongside a prayer that it be made more widely available to other sufferers. Anderson isn't the only celebrity who's spent a lot of her life with a chronic illness, however, and there's still plenty of famous faces who are living with health issues.
1. Ian McKellen - It was rather a shock to the system to discover in 2012 that the 'Mr. Holmes' star had been living with prostate cancer for six years. To the incredulity of his horrorstruck fans, the actor insisted on his blog, 'There is no cause for alarm. I am examined regularly and the cancer is contained. I've not needed any treatment.' Indeed, it is the sixth main cause of deaths in men diagnosed with cancer, but apparently can remain harmless if it doesn't spread.
Ian McKellen is currently living with prostate cancer
2. Lady GaGa - In 2010, the 'ArtPop' singer was diagnosed with lupus; an autoimmune disease of which there are many different kinds and can effect any area of the body. Main symptoms include fatigue, joint pain and rashes, though Gaga has confessed that symptoms do not affect her life. It's a disease that runs in her family, but she previously revealed that she hopes a healthy lifestyle can prevent flare-ups.
Lady Gaga claims not to be affected by lupus symptoms
3. Anastacia - 'Left Outside Alone' hitmaker Anastacia discovered she had a bowel condition called Crohn's disease at the age of 13 but, despite major surgery, she's never let it affect her showbiz dreams. She later became a professional dancer, even after a relapse at 19, and it seems to have built a lot of strength within Anastacia who has since had to overcome obstacles like breast cancer and supraventricular tachycardia.
Anastacia never let Crohn's stop her dancing
4. John Grant - HIV and AIDS have affected the lives of many great entertainers, most notably Freddie Mercury, and we are fortunate in this day and age to be able to stabilise the condition so that sufferers can live normal, long, healthy lives with treatment. John Grant of the band The Czars continues his career without interruption from his diagnosis, his latest solo album 'Grey Tickles, Black Pressure' becoming a UK hit this year. In the past he's had big issues with substance abuse and coming out as gay, but now he's in a happy relationship and opened up about being HIV positive in 2012.
John Grant is a positive role model for HIV sufferers
5. Avril Lavigne - It's no secret that Avril has been suffering with Lyme disease for more than a year, winding up bedridden and deeply sick for 5 months. Okay, so it's not a chronic disease in the usual sense, but it is particularly difficult to cure and can leave sufferers with long-term symtoms. And as of September 2015, it was reported that the singer was still undergoing treatment for the disease, which she was only diagnosed with because of her determination to find an answer to what was wrong with her when many doctors failed to spot it.
Avril Lavigne is still undergoing treatment for Lyme's disease
6. Steven Tyler - Like Pamela Anderson, the Aerosmith singer has also been living with Hepatitis C for 20 years, though was only diagnosed in 2003 and revealed the news publicly three years later in 2006. He did undergo treatment, however, including the painful process of interferon therapy for nearly year. It is thought that he contracted the disease through intravenous drug use; something that he, suffice it to say, has since given up.
Steven Tyler went through painful treatment after Hep C diagnosis
7. Hugo Weaving - 'The Hobbit' star is an epileptic, having been diagnosed at 13-years-old. However, he hasn't actually had a seizure for more than 20 years, and even then it was only a yearly occurence. This is the case with a lot of epilepsy sufferers; some may never even suffer an attack. However, it was serious enough that Weaving was unable to obtain a driver's license when he was younger, and even though he could now, he'd rather not.
Though epileptic, Hugo Weaving hasn't had a fit in years
8. Tom Hanks - In 2013, Hanks revealed on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' that he has Type 2 diabetes; something that apparently had a lot to do with his fluctuating weight loss/weight gain programs he had undertaken for roles throughout his career. He said on the show that he'd had high blood sugar since he was 36, and admitted that even if he lost weight he'd still struggle to regulate his blood sugar levels.
Method acting has left Tom Hanks with Type 2 diabetes
9. Michael J. Fox - It is widely known that the 'Back To The Future' star has been suffering from Parkinson's disease since 1991, opening up about his diagnosis seven years later. The condition worsened significantly over the years, forcing him to take more rest between acting roles. He has become an outspoken advocate for finding a cure with his Michael J. Fox Foundation and has in the past admitted that he makes sure he is always highly medicated for public appearances.
Michael J. Fox suffers from Parkinson's
10. Jack Osbourne - At just 26-years-old, the son of shock rocker Ozzy Osbourne was told he had relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, having been suffering symptoms such as blindness in one eye, leg numbness and bowel problems for some years. While exercise is good for the media personality, he has been told to steer clear from anything too strenuous - but he didn't let his diagnosis stop him competing in 'Dancing with the Stars' the following year.
Jack Osbourne was still in his twenties when he was told he had MS
Clearly, it's a risky proposition adapting a cheesy vintage TV series for the big screen:...
There is no better lifeguard team out there than that of Los Angeles' Baywatch. However,...
The Baywatch lifeguard team might be the best known on the planet, but in this...
Mitch Buchanan is facing a problem with his Baywatch lifeguard brand. The council are making...
There are lots of ways to churn out sequels, particularly comedies. You can speed along...