ITV will take over the singing umpteen from the BBC in 2017.
ITV has confirmed they have signed a deal to air talent show ‘The Voice’ for three years, after the BBC refused to enter a bidding war. The deal is thought to be worth about £50m and the show will begin airing on ITV in January 2017.
‘The Voice’ judge Paloma Faith.
The deal also includes the rights to make two seasons of ‘The Voice Kids’, a spin-off competition for kids aged eight to 14. If the children’s version is successful it will then go to three series.
Commenting on the deal, ITV director of television, Peter Fincham said, “ITV is the natural home of big entertainment so we are thrilled that ‘The Voice’ and ‘The Voice Kid’s are both joining our family alongside brilliant shows like ‘The X Factor’, ‘Britain’s Got Talent’, ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ and ‘I’m a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here’.”
“From the compelling blind auditions, through to the nail-biting battle rounds, knockouts and live shows, The Voice has become a worldwide sensation and we are very much looking forward to its arrival on ITV in 2017,” ITV director of entertainment and comedy, Elaine Bedell added.
The show is expected to air in the January slot on ITV, much as it did on the BBC. ‘The Voice’ has so far been made into 65 local versions, which air in 180 territories across the world. ‘The Voice Kids’ has already been adapted for 30 countries.
“We are delighted that ‘The Voice’ has found a new home at ITV,” said creator Jon De Mol. “With the addition of ‘The Voice Kid’s we are excited about working with ITV in 2017 to develop and expand 'The Voice' experience for the UK audience after completing what we think will be a fantastic upcoming season on the BBC, who have been a great partner.”