U.S. reality Tv show Buckwild has been cancelled following the death of cast member Shain Gandee.

The 21-year-old series regular died of carbon monoxide poisoning last week (01Apr13) after he inhaled a fatal amount of toxic fumes when his car reportedly became trapped during an off-road adventure trip. Gandee's uncle and a friend also lost their lives in the accident.

In the aftermath of the tragedy, MTv bosses have decided to pull the plug on the show, about young people living in a rural West Virginia town.

The cast and crew had filmed four episodes of the second season, but they will not be aired, reports Tmz.com.