Former Kiss star Ace Frehley once suffered a severe allergic reaction to the group's iconic stage make-up and feared he had been left permanently blind.

The guitarist, who quit the rock group for good in 2002, reveals he forgot to take the face paint off after a show in Paris, France and woke up the next morning with an extremely swollen face.

Frehley was unable to see and feared the reaction had robbed him of his sight for good, telling, "I was in Paris, and I bumped into a model, a fashion model that I knew from New York. She was doing a photo shoot there. We ended up getting drunk on about four bottles of Champagne, and I ended up passing out in the bed with my makeup on after the show. When I woke up, I had an allergic reaction from not taking the silver off, because it's ground up metal. My eyes were swollen shut. I was blind...

"They (my managers) rushed a doctor over, and they shot me up with, like, Prednisone, an anti-inflammatory that took it down. But for a minute there, I thought I was blind. I didn't know what had happened. It was insane."