Jon Bon Jovi has hit his 50s - the rock superstar is celebrating his half century on Friday (02Mar12).
Born John Francis Bongiovi, Jr. in New Jersey in 1962, the singer/songwriter has become a rock icon thanks to his hitmaking supergroup Bon Jovi, an actor in films like The Leading Man, Pay It Forward and New Year's Eve, and a top humanitarian.
To ring in his 50s, WENN trawled through the archives to find 10 fascinating facts about the one-and-only Jon Bon Jovi.
Happy birthday, Jon!
- Jon Bon Jovi was a majority owner of the Philadelphia Soul, a U.S. Arena Football League team.
- He was awarded an honorary Doctorate of Humanities from Monmouth University in 2001.
- He claims he is a blood relative of Frank Sinatra.
- Bon Jovi won a Golden Globe for the song Blaze of Glory. It was also Oscar nominated.
- The rocker has four children, aged seven to 19.
- In 2006, Bon Jovi made a $1 million donation to build homes in Louisiana, a year after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the state.
- In December 2010, Bon Jovi was appointed to the new White House Council for Community Solutions by President Barack Obama. As a member of the council, he will oversee the enlistment of leaders in the non-profit, private, and philanthropic sectors to make progress on key policy goals. He'll also honour and highlight those making a significant impact in their own communities.
- He suffers from sensitive eyes and struggles in bright sunlight and in smoky atmospheres. That's why he often wears sunglasses. During the spring he suffers allergies and hay fever.
- He was elected into the 2008 New Jersey Hall of Fame for his services to arts, entertainment, and philanthropy.
- His favourite movie is The Godfather.
The team that made the thin-but-enjoyable Valentine's Day in 2010 reunites for another massively overextended...
It's finally time to reassess the submarine movie to see if it's outlived its useful...
The very idea behind Pay It Forward -- that when someone does an enormous good...
AOL Instant Messenger has denied me the following screennames on the basis that someone else...