Charles Saatchi now says he has no idea whether Nigella Lawson was on drugs.
Charles Saatchi has told a court that he does not know whether his ex-wife Nigella Lawson was a habitual drug user and only mentioned narcotics in a leaked email to speculate that his former personal assistants might use it as a defence.
Nigella Lawson in London
Speaking at Isleworth Crowd Court - where Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo are accused of fraud - art dealer Saatchi said he was "utterly bereft" that a private email he sent to Lawson referring to her being "off her head" on drugs had been made public.
Continue reading: The Whole Nigella Lawson Drugs Thing? Yeah, About That...
Nigella Lawson's alleged drug use? Oh shut up. Everyone shut up.
As Nigella Lawson and her estranged husband Charles Saatchi are embroiled in a legal battle again two former assistants - sisters Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo who are accused of fraudulently spending £300,000 on the former couple's credit cards - news of the TV chef’s alleged drug use has come to the fore.
No one asked us to pick sides, but we have. Can you guess whose?
This all begs the question: who really cares? People do the things Saatchi is apparently accusing Nigella of having done. They just do. Get over it.
Continue reading: In Defence Of Nigella Lawson. Let's All Chill Out And Eat Some Cake
The fraud case against the Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi's former personal assistants has launched a private matter into the public realm.
Two former PA’s might get off recent fraudulent charges due to new documentation claiming Nigella Lawson was ‘off her head on drugs’. The claim was made in court ahead of the fraud trial of the two sisters that worked as personal assistants for the now-estranged couple, according to Sky News.
Lawson was visibly shaken by the episode with Saatchi back in June
The two ladies - Italians Francesca Grillo, 41, and Elisabetta Grillo, 35 - are accused buying things for themselves with a credit card given to them by Saatchi and Lawson. The defendants deny the charges.
Continue reading: Charles Saatchi Claims Nigella Lawson Was 'Off Her Head On Drugs'
The divorce was granted in just a minute.
Seven weeks after the photos of Charles Saatchi grabbing Nigella Lawson’s throat during an argument first surfaced, the couple has been granted a decree nisi – or, in layman’s terms, a divorce. The decree was granted in record time. The hearing reportedly lasted just 70 seconds on Wednesday morning. The procedure was probably streamlined by the fact that neither Saatchi, nor Lawson were present in the courtroom. Neither were any of their lawyers, according to The Guardian.
This concludes the couple's decade-long marriage.
However, this isn’t the final step for the turbulent couple. The art collector and the TV chef now have to wait an additional six weeks for the decree absolute to be issued, officially and finally putting an end to the marriage. This week it came to light that it was Nigella and not Saatchi, as he himself had previously claimed, who filed for the divorce.
That didn't take long.
Well, aren’t we glad this didn’t drag on; according to The Daily Mail, Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi should be divorced by now, weeks after photos emerged of the advertising mogul clasping the TV Chef’s neck.
The pictures spread like wildfire and talk of the couple’s demise soon followed. Nigella has stayed quiet, though, going about her business – some private, some professional – in a dignified manger.
Earlier this month, sources – friends of Mr Saatchi - told the Daily Mail: “He and Nigella agreed – via Fiona Shackleton – to a speedy divorce. Fiona Shackleton is Nigella’s first cousin and Charles highly respects her. He did not hire a lawyer himself and he has not even spoken to Helen Ward, whom a Sunday paper claimed he has hired.” Anyway, the divorce, if The Mail aren’t making it up, should have happened today at 10:30am, and will take six weeks to become a formal ‘thing’.
Continue reading: Nigella Lawson And Charles Saatchi - Are They Divorced Already?
The pair finally severed all legal ties yesterday.
The divorce proceedings between Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi are expected to conclude in record time, sparing both parties extended time in court and in the public eye. Lawson, 53, arrived in London at 10.30 yesterday, according to The Daily Mail, and the divorce proceedings were reportedly expected to conclude by the end of the day – “in a matter of minutes,” according to the publication.
Nigella has remained silent about the divorce.
New information states that Lawson is, in fact, the applicant in the case, making Saatchi the defendant. This goes against the art collector’s story, as Saatchi maintained, from the moment the papers were filed, that the divorce had been initiated by him. Lawson, who is known for her various cooking programs, her vibrant media persona and her apparent “carpe diem” attitude to life, has strayed away from public appearances ever since the scandal began more than a month ago, with the publication of a set of controversial photos. The pictures, released by the Sunday People more than a month ago, showed Saatchi and Lawson’s public row, during which Saatchi appeared to grab his wife’s neck.
The TV chef has allegedly been using Pierce Brosnan's shoulder to cry on as the turmoil of her split from Charles Saatchi continues
Nigella Lawson is threatening to sue one of her publicists, Richard Hillgrove, who claimed in his online blog earlier this week (23 July) that the pictures of her being throttled by her estranged husband Charles Saatchi were released for personal gains. The PR guru has since said, speaking to The Sun, that he doesn't plan on removing the blog-entry from his site and added, “I have obviously touched a nerve. It’s not a crime to have a difference of opinion.”
Lawson has had a tough few months
The TV chef has since hired the law firm Schillings to seek legal compensation from Hillgrove's comments, which speculates that Nigella had the pictures released herself in a publicity stunt, and the firm have apparently demanded an apology from Hillgrove, threatening legal action against him if he keeps the post on his blog. As Hillgrove remains stubborn in the face of these legal threats, Nigella may be forced into a courthouse yet again, as her divorce proceedings from the art dealer Saatchi continue to drag on. Nigella, who recently turned down a big-money US TV deal in favour of a move back home to the UK, has become increasingly more reclusive since she moved out of the Mayfair home she shared with Saatchi and their children.
The popular chef is back for more on Channel 4.
Nigella Lawson has decided to steer clear of the U.S cooking scene, where her brand of indulgent cuisine would probably have gone down well, and sign a deal with Channel 4 that will see her remain in England. It’s been a difficult time for Nigella given her well-documented split from Charles Saatchi, but this new deal will come as welcome news.
It's been a tough month for Nigella
“This is great news for Nigella and shows that whatever is going on around her she is still a business woman first and foremost,” said a source to The Sun. “She’s negotiated a really good deal on this and it sends a message to Charles that she is more than capable of standing on her own two feet when it comes to her professional life.”
Continue reading: Nigella Lawson Sticks With The Brits After Rejecting U.S Deal
The divorce should be final three months after the news broke out.
The divorce proceedings between Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi are officially underway. According to The Telegraph. The celebrity couple, who have attracted staggering amounts of publicity with their marital rows in the past month, are looking to end the marriage as quickly and cleanly as possible. The pair reportedly have a combined net worth of 150 million, with art collector Saatchi accounting for 130 million, while Miss Lawson is believed to have earned a net worth of about 20 million with her cook books and television appearances.
From her show, Nigella is known as the Domestic Goddess.
The spouses’ decree nisi will be pronounced on July 30th, meaning that, should everything go smoothly, Lawson and Saatchi would be able to complete their “amicable” divorce by mid-September – exactly three months after the pictures of their marital row in public first surfaced. It has been exactly a month today since the news first broke out.
After those throat-grabbing images proved cataclysmic for TV chef Nigella Lawson and art collector Charles Saatchi's marriage, it has emerged that their divorce will be finalised by the end of July.
Less than three months after Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi were pictured out for a meal in the middle of an altercation, during which Saatchi's hands were round his wife's neck, the couple are swiftly seeking a divorce, albeit one that is reportedly amicable. The 53-year-old TV cook and personality, who is famed for her looks and easy approach to cooking, moved out of their Chelsea home in mid-June. She has enlisted the help of her lawyer cousin, Baroness Shackleton, who represented Sir Paul McCartney in his separation from Heather Mills, according to The Telegraph.
TV Chef Nigella Lawson Is Divorcing Her Husband Of 10 Years.
It is still not truly known what events led to 70-year-old Saatchi holding his wife's neck and tweaking her nose in their public dispute, but he has played down any suggestions of domestic violence or assault, describing the incident as a "playful tiff" yet still voluntarily took himself down to Charing Cross Police station and accepted a caution for assault. Lawson herself is yet to comment on the events but she has been seen in public without her wedding ring. She made her name as a journalist-turned TV chef who has published 10 cookery books, selling 3 million copies worldwide. She and Saatchi, an art dealer and co-founder of advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi, were married in 2003 after the 2001 death of Lawson's first husband, John Diamond.
The TV chef has revealed her surprise and devastation at the divorce announcement, admitting that she had no idea that her husband was looking to end their marriage following his abuse scandal
Nigella Lawson had planned to reconcile with her husband Charles Saatchi when she returned from working in the USA and hoped to continue their marriage from where they left off before he violently grabbed her throat whilst the pair were dining in a high class London restaurant. Her plans were left dashed when Saatchi announced on Sunday (July 7) that he was filing for divorce from his wife of ten years and the chef has been left confused and heartbroken at the announcement.
Nigella has been left distraught with the divorce announcement
According to UK paper The Sun, Lawson is 'devastated' that her husband has walked out on her and had no idea that he planned on ending their marriage. Friends of Lawson told the paper that now she fears that her marriage has reached the point of no return and she will never be able to reconcile with him and despite everything the pair have been through in recent weeks, she was still intent on making their marriage last.
Charles Saatchi has almost entirely played down Nigella Lawson's throat-grabbing incident, despite handing himself into police.
Art tycoon Charles Saatchi says he was simply trying to remove 'snot' from his wife Nigella Lawson's nose when he was photographed prodding and twisting the celebrity chef's face while dining at Scott's Restaurant in Mayfair earlier this month. The 70-year-old, who was cautioned by police, was also photographed by the Sunday People with his hand around Lawson's throat.
"Even domestic goddesses sometimes have a bit of snot in their nose. I was trying to fish it out," Saatchi said, according to the Daily Mirror. The photographs appear to suggest a wholly different story, with Nigella appearing visibly upset as Saatchi grabbed her around the neck. In what was described as 27 minutes of madness, Charles seemed riled by something his wife had said or done, leaving her to flee the restaurant and hail a cab in tears. The advertising guru later left and headed back to the home the couple share in Chelsea.
Following the publication of the first set of images, Nigella moved out of their marital home and has been staying in rented accommodation in Mayfair ever since. She is now said to be considering escaping to the U.S for some privacy, having landed a starring role on The Taste - a new culinary reality show with a similar format to The Voice.
Continue reading: Snot-ting To Worry About: Charles Saatchi's Bizarre Nigella Explanation
Charles Saatchi, husband of celebrity chef and TV personality Nigella Lawson, handed himself in to U.K. police yesterday evening (Monday 17th June) following the uproar caused by photographs showing Saatchi holding Lawson's throat. The police have issued a caution for assault to Saatchi.
The photos of Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi, published last Sunday (16th June) in theSunday People, have caused world-wide concern for the 54-year-old Lawson. The couple were seen at Scott's, a Mayfair restaurant they frequent, on Sunday 9th where the photographs were taken. It also happened to be Saatchi's birthday. He appears to have celebrated with a light lunch, a strop and the subsequent squeezing of his wife's throat.
In a statement made to the London Evening Standard, Saatchi claimed the photographs made the incident appear far worse than the 'playful tiff' was.
The restaurant has denied any of their staff witnessed the 'assault' yet eye-witnesses suggest Saatchi was aggressive and Lawson was 'tearful' and her voice was 'quivering'. The incident was evidently witnessed.
Charles Saatchi's bizarre behaviour on Sunday 9th June has prompted an outpouring of concern for his wife Nigella Lawson.
Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi were photographed outside at their favourite Mayfair restaurant, Scott's, on Sunday 9th June. They were published yesterday in Sunday People. They appear to show Saatchi holding Lawson by the throat a number of times whilst she attempted to appease him with a kiss on the cheek.
Saatchi claims the photographs have over dramatized the event. In a statement to the London Evening Standard, Saatchi said "the pictures are horrific but give a far more drastic and violent impression of what took place." He claims, despite photographs showing Lawson's eyes bulging, that "there was no grip" and it was merely "a playful tiff."
A number of eyewitnesses have spoken against Saatchi following the publication of the photographs. Although they had not thought to contact the police or even the press before yesterday. These unnamed eye-witnesses claim Saatchi was 'menacing', the scene was 'shocking' to see and that Lawson appeared 'tearful' and 'very upset', as reported in the London Evening Standard.
Continue reading: Charles Saatchi Breaks Silence On Grabbing Nigella Lawson's Throat
Nigella Lawson appeared distraught as she left the restaurant following the incident.
Fans of the celebrity chef Nigella Lawson were left in shock on Sunday (June 16, 2013) after photographs in weekend tabloid The People appeared to show husband Charles Saatchi grasping her throat at a top London restaurant. The couple are believed to have been arguing at their favourite garden table at Scott's in Mayfair, before art collector Charles gripped his wife's neck four times.
Despite the incident, Nigella attempted to placate her husband by kissing him before getting up and hailing a taxi in tears. The Met Police said officers from the Community Safety Unit at Westminster had begun an investigation into the incident, "Inquiries are in hand to establish the facts," said a spokesman.
Power couple Nigella and Saatchi always ask for the same table at Scott's in Chelsea, so that the art guru can smoke while eating. It is partly sheltered by olive trees and box bushes, though the photographs clearly show Charles gripping his wife's neck while the chef looks distraught. Nobody intervened during the incident, though one onlooker said, "It was utterly shocking to watch. I have no doubt she was scared. It was horrific, really. She was very tearful and was constantly dabbing her eyes. Nigella was very, very upset. She had a real look of fear on her face. No man should do that to a woman. She raised her voice and got angry but at the same time was trying to calm him down, almost like you would try to calm down a child."