The TV legend suffered minor cuts and a concussion, and has had to cancel his appearance in his variety show 'Bruce's Hall of Fame'.
Sir Bruce Forsyth has been admitted to hospital after he sustained minor injuries and a concussion after slipping and falling in his home.
The 87 year old former ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ presenter, and perennial British TV favourite, was taken to hospital on Thursday (October 8th) and, after undergoing a series of tests and scans, was ordered by doctors to take a week of complete rest.
It means that Forsyth has had to pull out of his scheduled appearance this weekend hosting his BBC variety show ‘Bruce’s Hall of Fame’. He had been due to take to the stage alongside Catherine Tate and Alexander Armstrong at London’s Dominion Theatre, but instead the latter has been bumped up to the role of compere for the evening.
Sir Bruce Forsyth was taken to hospital on Thursday after a fall in his home
“This morning, Sir Bruce Forsyth slipped and fell at his home resulting in facial abrasions and minor concussion,” said Kalooki Pictures, who are co-producing the show, in a statement yesterday. “He attended hospital and had a series of scans and tests all of which happily proved negative. However because of his injury, he has been told by doctors he must have complete rest for at least seven days.”
Forsyth’s agent Ian Wilson also gave a message to the Mirror: “Bruce is shaken and stirred. He was really looking forward to doing the TV show so professionally it couldn’t have happened at a worse time, not that something like this can come at a good time. But he is a lucky man really because he fell and he is alright. He has got concussion so you have to be very careful.”
Sir Bruce had co-presented BBC One’s ‘Strictly’ for ten years alongside Tess Daly, but quit the show for good ahead of the 2014 series and was replaced by Claudia Winkleman. However, he had been appearing less and less frequently for a number of years before that.
The man himself said: “I was really looking forward to this show and working with such a talented cast, and I am really sad not to be part of it. It is now in the most capable hands of Alexander Armstrong and I would like to wish him, the guests and the whole production team good luck on Sunday.”