Concerns for Forsyth's health were triggered when it was announced he wouldn't be attending the launch of his wife Lady Wilnelia's new range of candles.
British entertainment icon Sir Bruce Forsyth is “doing much better” as he continues his long journey to recovery after a life-saving heart operation he had nearly seven months ago.
The 88 year old presenter had sparked new concerns over his health after it was announced at the weekend that he would not be attending the public launch of his wife Lady Wilnelia Forsyth-Johnson’s new range of candles, because of “mobility issues”.
Sir Bruce Forsyth and his wife Lady Wilnelia in 2015
Forsyth had also been too weak to attend the funeral of his close friend Ronnie Corbett back in April, having undergone keyhole surgery on his heart to treat two aneurysms in November 2015 that had been detected after he was hospitalised upon falling at his home.
“It's taking much longer than we expected, but we're positive that he can recuperate 100%,” said Lady Wilnelia, Forsyth’s wife of 33 years, told the Press Association at the event at Fortnum & Mason in London. “He's doing much better. But he's still convalescing. It was a big, big operation.”
However, the much beloved ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ presenter was completely supportive of Lady Wilnelia’s new business venture.
“He's absolutely thrilled. He cannot wait for me to go home and tell him 'They like it'. This morning he gave me a beautiful card to wish me good luck. It said 'Good luck, have a wonderful time, I'm so proud of you' - all those lovely things.”
However, Forsyth’s state of health is still not robust enough to make public appearances. His manager, Ian Wilson, told the press that he would not be attending the event on Saturday (June 4th) for that reason.
“If he were well enough to go or medically advised, he would be there, but we're not at that point. He's not going to do something that would endanger recuperation.”