The Australian guitarist was engulfed in flames when he stepped too close to a flamethrower during a show at London's Wembley Arena and the gig was abandoned so he could be treated.

Clifford assured fans he was fine and returned to the stage within 24 hours to continue the tour, but the pyrotechnics were dropped from the show.

The musician now reveals he thought he had gone blind during the incident, telling Britain's The Sun newspaper, "It was so scary. I walked into an open flame... At first I couldn't open my eyes. I thought I'd lost my sight.

"Getting back to the stage the next day was weird. I had this big, ugly bandage on my face. I didn't like that... It wasn't the best show I played. There will be no more pyro. I'm done."