Although the cause of Whitney Houston's death has not been confirmed, investigators are known to be looking into the presence of a combination of alcohol and prescription drugs found in her hotel room at the time of her death. An article from USA Today yesterday (February 20, 2012) explained the problems associated with mixing prescription drugs, such as those found in Whitney's room, with alcohol.
Whitney Houston has suffered in the past from widely publicised addictions to illegal drugs, famously denying her crack addiction in a TV interview with the phrase "crack is whack." But it appears that it was, in fact, a combination of prescribed drugs and alcohol - both perfectly legal - that may have caused her untimely death at the age of 48. The medication that was known to have been found in Houston's Beverley Hills hotel room was Xanax; a well-known anti-anxiety drug that, although legal and available on prescription, can be highly addictive. According to the report, around 373, 000 overdoses per year in the USA are caused by prescription drugs such as Xanax, Oxycontin and Vicodin.
One of the problems appears to be a lack of prescription monitoring. Similar to reports that emerged after Michael Jackson's death, it may be a possibility that Whitney Houston had more than one doctor prescribing her meds, resulting in her having a larger number of doses available to her than is safe. The report calls for further investigation into the problems associated with addictive prescription drugs.
An energetic cast and some terrific music make up for the rather hackneyed plot of...