Tracy Morgan has been released from a rehabilitation facility and is now recovering at home after he was involved in a serious car accident last month.
Tracy Morgan has been released from a rehabilitation facility.
The 45-year-old actor, who sustained serious injuries, including a broken femur, broken nose and broken ribs, when a Walmart truck crashed into the vehicle he was travelling in on the New Jersey Turnpike last month, will continue to receive medical care at home.
In a statement today (12.07.14), a spokesperson for the former '30 Rock' star said that he ''has been released from the rehabilitation centre and will continue his recovery efforts at home with an aggressive outpatient program.
''He asked me to pass along his sincerest gratitude to everyone who has helped him get to this point.''
The crash, which occurred on June 7, killed Tracy's comedy writer friend James McNair, who was travelling home from a gig with him and a group of friends.
Lawyers for the actor, his assistant Jeffrey Millea, his wife Krista Millea and comedian Ardie Fuqua filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart on Friday (11.07.14), accusing the retail giant of negligence because its truck driver Kevin Roper had allegedly been ''awake for more than 24 consecutive hours'' when he caused the six-car pile up.
Tracy spent 10 days in a critical condition before being transferred to the rehab facility on June 20, but a source previously said he still ''has a long way to go'' before he fully recovers.
He is seeking compensatory and statutory damages, punitive damages, legal fees, as well as pre- and post judgment interest at a trial by jury.
The full recording of 'Eric Clapton: Live At The Royal Albert Hall', is set to reach cinemas very soon
Meryl Streep is having so much fun playing an ageing rocker that the audience only barely registers that this film isn't nearly as deep as it's...
Creamfields was back again, with a plethora of headline disc jockeys, showcasing Creamfields as the powerhouse of UK-electronic festivals.
The 2016 Republican candidate is already thinking ahead
Richards is eager to begin work on follow-up to 2005's 'A Bigger Bang', but doesn't reckon that will happen until April 2016 at the earliest.
The two-time Oscar winner has been cast as '50s TV sweetheart Lucille Ball, according to new reports.