Soul singer Tony Thompson did not die from an illegal drug overdose but through inhaling toxic amounts of a hydrocarbon substance, according to an autopsy report. The body of the former Hi-Five star was found near an air-conditioning unit outside an apartment complex in his hometown of Waco, Texas, on 1 June (07). He was 31. Police initially believed the cause of Thompson's death was a lethal cocktail of drugs, but Dr. Reade A. Quinton, from the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas, revealed the I Just Can't Handle It star had died from "toxic effects of chlorodifluoromethane". The toxin has the same hydrocarbon which makes up Freon, the substance used in air conditioners and refrigerators. The post-mortem reports state the R+B star had a history of "huffing" Freon, and Dr. Quinton also noted the star had trace amounts of methadone - a drug commonly used to help addicts kick their heroin habit - in his bloodstream. No other drug or alcohol substances were found in his body.