Howard Donald is to rejoin Take That tomorrow night, though he may not return to the stage.

The 39-year-old was forced to pull out of the band's European tour after reportedly suffering from a collapsed lung.

A statement on the group's website said that the 39-year-old had sustained a "chest injury" and had been taken to hospital upon arrival in Vienna.

He subsequently missed the band's gig in the Austrian capital, with Gary Barlow, Jason Orange and Mark Owen forced to perform by themselves.

But despite initial reports suggest Howard could be out of action for up to three weeks, he'll rejoin the reunited boy band in Hamburg tomorrow.

A band spokesman told the Mirror last night that Donald had been discharged from hospital in Vienna on Saturday and was now resting with his family.

He said: "Everyone I'm sure will be pleased to hear that Howard is making a speedy recovery and the doctors are very happy with his progress.

"He will rejoin the band in Hamburg on Wednesday. It is still not clear when he will be back performing but indications are it will be very soon."

The spokesman added: "Mark, Gary and Jason all visited Howard after the show in Vienna on Friday night along with the dancers and musicians to cheer him up."

The band, pipped to the number one spot last weekend by X-Factor winner Leona Lewis, kick off the UK leg of their tour at Birmingham NEC on Friday November 16th.

30/10/2007 11:39:33