Mel and Sue's busy schedules meant they weren't able to present 'The Nightly Show'.
Popular TV hosting duo Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins have dealt another hammer blow to the credibility of the beleaguered ITV chat show ‘The Nightly Show’ by declining to present it, saying that they were too busy to do so.
The duo, whose demand has been extremely high since they fronted ‘The Great British Bake Off’, have confirmed that they won’t be stepping up to present the programme, which has a rotating guest host week-by-week.
In a joint statement on Thursday (March 9th), the pair said: “We were approached to take part in the series however, due to our busy schedule we were unable to make the dates work. We do wish the team all the best with the remainder of the series.”
Continue reading: Mel And Sue Decline To Present ITV's Struggling 'The Nightly Show'
The ‘Googlebox’ star was crowned Queen of the Jungle earlier this month.
‘I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here’ winner Scarlett Moffatt is reportedly topping the list of potential hosts for the ‘Great British Bake Off’ on Channel 4.
According to The Mirror, Channel 4 bosses believe the ‘Googlebox’ star is the perfect person to host a revamped version of the cookery show.
Could Scarlett Moffatt be the replacement for Mel and Sue Channel 4 are looking for?
Perkins had finished her voice-overs for 'The Great British Bake Off's Christmas special, which will be its last ever episode on the BBC.
It truly is the end of an era for ‘The Great British Bake Off’, as presenter Sue Perkins revealed that she’s finished recording her last ever voice-over for the show.
The sixth and final series of ‘Bake Off’ to be broadcast on the BBC finished back on October 7th, but the old gang is getting back together for one final show, a Christmas special to be aired on December 25th (4:45pm) before the show moves to Channel 4 in 2017.
Sue Perkins revealed she shed a tear after finishing her last ever 'Bake Off' recording
The pair are said to have a ‘tense exchange’ on tonight’s episode.
‘Great British Bake Off’ stars Sue Perkins and Paul Hollywood are said to not be on the best of terms, with tensions boiling over on tonight’s episode.
The competition is now in its semi-final stages and according to reports, Sue and Paul have a 'tense exchange' in a scene which will air tonight.
Sue Perkins and Paul Hollywood may not be on the best of terms anymore
The ‘IT Crowd’ star could be the saviour Channel 4 needs to keep ‘Bake Off’ fans happy.
Richard Ayoade has reportedly become the frontrunner to host ‘The Great British Bake Off’ and fans of the show are welcoming the news.
After the departure of Mary Berry and hosts Mel Geidroyc and Sue Perkins, many viewers said they would boycott the show when it moves to Channel 4, but Ayoade may be the key to keeping the fan base happy.
Richard Ayoade is said to be the frontrunner to host the 'Great British Bake Off'
The duo are said to be top of Channel 4’s list, along with Delia Smith.
Channel 4, who bought the baking show from the BBC for £75million last month, are also said to be after cookbook legend Delia Smith, 75, to work alongside Paul Hollywood as the replacement judge for Mary Berry.
Channel 4 are reportedly after legendary duo French and Saunders as the next ‘Great British Bake Off’ hosts
Giedroyc and Perkins have presented 'The Great British Bake Off' on the BBC since 2010, but they will not be moving to Channel 4 next year.
Presenters Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc will not be making the journey to Channel 4 when ‘The Great British Bake Off’ moves from the BBC next year, it has been confirmed.
In a statement released by the pair on Tuesday (September 13th), they condemned the decision to move the massively popular baking competition from its six-year home on the BBC that was announced yesterday, and said they were “not going with the dough”.
Neither the judges nor presenters of 'Great British Bake Off' were consulted during negotiations
A family bereavement meant that Perkins couldn't be there to film the second episode of 'GBBO' earlier this year.
Millions of fans of ‘The Great British Bake Off’ will be disappointed to see that co-presenter Sue Perkins is missing from tonight’s episode.
46 year old Perkins has been ever-present in hosting the show alongside her long-term professional partner Mel Giedroyc, 48, for the past six seasons. However, on Wednesday night’s episode (August 31st), her familiar face won’t be there to welcome viewers.
There’s no need to worry though – it’s not as if there’s been a falling-out on set – as the show’s producers have assured fans that she’ll be back next week as usual.
Continue reading: Presenter Sue Perkins Will Miss Tonight's 'Great British Bake Off'
The mega popular show’s contract with the BBC expires after next years seventh series.
The BBC could face a pricey battle to keep 'The Great British Bake Off' and its stars Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. The broadcaster’s three year contract with the firm behind the show is up next year and executives will reportedly soon enter talks with the two judges.
‘GBBO’ judge Mary Berry.
According to The Mirror, Berry and Hollywood will be able to “name their price” in negotiations. Currently, the pair earn a reported £500,000 a series, but this could be set to increase drastically as the BBC battles to keep the surprise hit series.
Sue Perkins discussed the possibility of adopting during an appearance at the Henley Literary Festival.
Sue Perkins is considering adopting a child. The Great British Bake Off host recently revealed in an interview that she was infertile as a result of a benign brain tumour. In a following interview, Perkins explained her devastation at not being able to have her own biological children but, appearing at the Henley Literary Festival, said she is not ruling out the possibility of adoption.
Sue Perkins outside the BBC Radio 2 studios in London, October 2015.
Continue reading: Sue Perkins Isn’t Ruling Out Adoption After Her Infertility Diagnosis