The former Saturdays star isn't on the bill for the January 2018 'Strictly' live tour - although her professional partner, AJ, is...
With the current fifteenth series of ‘Strictly’ coming to an end with this weekend’s final, fans are looking forward to the nationwide tour early next year. This series’ four finalists – Gemma Atkinson, Joe McFadden, Alexandra Burke and Debbie McGee – are all confirmed to be appearing on that tour with their professional dancing partners.
However, 30 year old Saturdays star Mollie, who was eliminated in last weekend’s semi-finals with her partner (and rumoured boyfriend) AJ and who proved to be a popular contestant, has not been booked for the tour. Furthermore, to add to the intrigue, AJ has.
Continue reading: Mollie King Left Out Of 'Strictly Come Dancing' Live Tour In 2018
Dixon, who won 'Strictly' ten years ago, defended Alexandra Burke's displays of emotion in the current series - "the bubble is real".
Following criticism of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ star Alexandra Burke from some quarters of social media for her displays of emotion on the show, one of its former stars Alesha Dixon has stepped forward to defend the singer.
Former winner of ‘The X Factor’ Burke has been performing well on the current 15th season of ‘Strictly’ so far, scoring well routinely by judges, but she’s found herself in the bottom two of the public vote and forced to do the dance-off for the last two weeks. As such, she’s been accused of ‘fake’ displays of emotion as the results have been read out.
However, 39 year old former Mis-Teeq singer Alesha Dixon has defended Burke – and she’s well placed to do so, having won the show in 2007 and then becoming a temporary judge in the seventh series, stepping in for Arlene Phillips.
Continue reading: Alexandra Burke's "Fake" Emotions On 'Strictly' Defended By Alesha Dixon
Burke revealed in a new interview that she's putting together her third album, on top of rehearsing for 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
Alexandra Burke has revealed that she’s in the process of recording a new album, on top of dedicating most of her waking hours to training for ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ as its season finale inches ever closer.
The 29 year old star might just be the hardest-working celebrity in Britain right now, telling an interviewer that she’s currently in recording sessions for her upcoming third studio album – and managing to fit it in after 10 hours of dancing rehearsals every day.
“We are practising 10 hours a day. They are long days but I absolutely love it. It hasn’t stopped me singing — I’m recording my third album at the moment,” former ‘X Factor’ winner Burke told the Evening Standard on Friday (December 1st).
Mollie's pro dancing partner AJ Pritchard has been "bedridden" with a virus all week, meaning she may have to dance with a stand-in named Patrick.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ favourite Mollie King may hit a set-back this weekend in her quest to become the BBC show’s champion this year, after it was revealed that her professional dance partner AJ Pritchard has contracted a nasty illness and may not make this Saturday’s performance.
According to a report in The Sun on Wednesday (October 25th), AJ is worried that he won’t recover from a virus that has left him “bedridden” in time for the weekend’s performances, meaning that Mollie may have to dance with a stand-in, named Patrick.
AJ is on the road to recovery already, but with his temperature refusing to stay stable he is concerned that he won’t have gotten sufficiently better in time. However, he is still occasionally visiting the rehearsal studios to advise.
Continue reading: Mollie King's 'Strictly Come Dancing' Charge May Be Disrupted
The popular judge will be absent from Saturday's episode of 'Strictly', for the first time in his 13-year stint on the panel.
This Saturday’s episode (October 21st) is set to be the first ever show that 61 year old Tonioli will miss in his time on the panel since 2004. A spokesperson for the show said: “As was always the plan, Bruno Tonioli is not on the judging panel this weekend.”
However, he will be back the following weekend for the Halloween episode and is set to be a part of the panel for the rest of the current 15th series.
Continue reading: Bruno Tonioli To Miss First Ever Episode Of 'Strictly Come Dancing'
Reports in The Sun had indicated that Conley would be leaving 'Strictly' for panto season.
The English presenter, comedian and actor found himself in the dance-off on last weekend’s edition of the BBC show, but judges elected to save him and send home Chizzy Akudola instead.
However, a report in The Sun on Thursday (October 5th) suggested that he had been talking with backstage crew about the quitting the show, apparently because he wants to prepare for the upcoming panto season, with Conley having a lucrative deal with a theatre in Milton Keynes.
Continue reading: Brian Conley Denies Reports He's About To Quit 'Strictly Come Dancing'
Kellie Bright arrives at Kevin & Karen Clifton's first night as Strictly Come Dancing professional dancers and couples perform a selection of routines from various genres at New Wimbledon Theatre, Strictly Come Dancing - London, United Kingdom - Saturday 17th June 2017
Viewers also said a fond farewell to head judge Len Goodman.
BBC sports presenter Ore Oduba and his partner Joanne Cliffton have been crowned the winners of this year’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.
The couple beat fellow finalists Louise Redknapp and her partner Kevin Clifton and actor Danny Mac and his partner Oti Mabuse to lift the coveted glitterball trophy during Saturday night's grand finale.
Continue reading: Ore Oduba Wins 'Strictly Come Dancing'
The pro dancer and her husband James Jordan got hot and heavy one night before filming the BBC show.
Ola Jordan has revealed that she once dodged a potentially very embarrassing incident with Sir Bruce Forsyth backstage at ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. In her new book, Strictly Ola: My Story, which is being serialised in the Mail on Sunday, the dancer described how she and husband James Jordan once got very passionate in the dressing room, only to be nearly caught by Brucie.
Ola and James were nearly caught having sex by none other than Bruce Forsyth
Ola writes that she loved working with the TV legend, describing him as a 'genuine and lovely man'. She said that whenever you bumped into Bruce in the BBC TV Centre corridors, he’d always stop for a chat to ask how things were going, but one day she really wished he hadn’t.
Arlene was sacked from the show in 2009 in favour of Alesha Dixon.
Former ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ judge Arlene Phillips could be set to make a long-awaited return to the show, to replace departing judge Len Goodman. Arlene was fired from the show in 2009 and replaced by the much younger Alesha Dixon, which at the time sparked an ageism row at the BBC.
Could Arlene Phillips make a return to ‘Strictly’
But now bosses are said to be eager for Arlene to return, as the replacement for Len Goodman who will leave after the upcoming series. A source told The Sun: “Producers have a limited pool to pick from for Len’s replacement and they know that Arlene would be a shock to the audience but they would love it."
Continue reading: Is Arlene Phillips Set To Return To 'Strictly Come Dancing'?
Forsyth had been hoping to co-host the 'Strictly' Christmas special, but has been forced to withdraw as he's recovering from surgery.
The veteran presenter, 87, underwent an operation on an abdominal aortic aneurysm in mid-November, but his doctors have decided that the filming, due to start to next week, will come too soon for Forsyth “to have made a full recovery”.
The BBC released a statement on Thursday (December 3rd) saying that “Due to the long studio hours, he is unable to host the show, but will still play a part in the production.” The episode itself will be broadcast on Christmas Day on BBC One, and regular host Claudia Winkleman will be taking over Forsyth’s presenting duties for the short special episode.
Continue reading: Sir Bruce Forsyth Pulls Out Of 'Strictly' Christmas Special