Sir Derek Jacobi - Derek Jacobi Injured During Dinner With The Queen
British acting veteran Sir Derek Jacobi sustained a nasty injury during a dinner with Queen Elizabeth Ii when he accidentally burned his hand on a hot plate.
The Gosford Park star had to stick his fingers in a glass of ice cubes after the embarrassing accident during a state banquet at royal residence Windsor Castle, and he reveals the other guests thought he was joking.
He explains, "I scalded my hand on a hot plate. My fingers stuck because it was molten hot, and I saw blisters forming down the side of my index finger and thumb. It was agony. They brought a tumbler full of ice, into which I plunged my hand...
"People were beginning to notice... Two places down sat Princess Michael of Kent, who said rather loudly to the table, 'Take no notice - he's an actor. He's just showing off.'"