David Beckham - David Beckham drops out of Ramsay's new restaurant
David Beckham has backed out of opening a Mediterranean-themed eaterie in London with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
David Beckham has backed out of opening a restaurant with Gordon Ramsay.
The 38-year-old retired soccer star who was believed to have invested in his 46-year-old chef friend's Mediterranean-themed eatery which is opening in London on September 16, has pulled out since both men had a different vision for the project.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''They may be best friends, but they are also very astute businessmen and both wanted different things.
''Becks was ready to make an investment and had visited the site.
''But they both talked long and hard and have decided not to work together on this occasion.''
The restaurant, Union Street Cafe, has already attracted keen diners who were determined to secure a booking after the website went live last month.
It received over 1,200 reservations within half an hour of the website launch and 2,500 reservations within four hours.
Despite its popularity David has his sights set on a chain of pie-and-mash cafes in a bid to create a franchise of eateries which would sell his ''favourite grub'' - a traditional dish served in the East End of London.
A friend of the famous hunk previously said: ''Instead of getting involved in Gordon's new restaurant, David wants to open a pie-and-mash cafe in London as a starting point for a worldwide chain.''