Sandra Bullock's intruder may be suffering from severe mental health problems.
Joshua Corbett, the man accused of breaking into Sandra Bullock’s Los Angeles home has pleaded not guilty to charges he possessed a stockpile of weapons and his lawyer insisted that he suffers from serious mental health problems and had no intention of harming the Oscar-winning actress, according to TMZ.com.
Sandra Bullock's intruder had a stockple of weapons
The 39-year-old pleaded not guilty to charges of burglary, stalking and possession of a machine gun following his arrest last week but now faces 19 additional charges after a weapons cache was discovered at his home. He faces up to seven years and four months in prison if convicted of the three original counts but could face a sentence of up to 12 years should he be found guilty of the latest charges.
Bullock, best known for Speed and last year’s Oscar winner Gravity, was at home at the time of the break-in but was said to be “unharmed and fine” following the incident. Just hours before, she had joked about being invited to an awards ceremony only because organizers knew she would be home on a Saturday evening.
Bullock is said to have locked herself in a room while Mr Corbett was in the house, though after phoning the police, he was arrested just a couple of minutes later. The actress is yet to publically comment on the incident.
Sandra Bullock is currently lending her voice to the Despicable Me spin-off Minions.