Rita Ora has confirmed Calvin Harris blocked her performance at the Teen Choice Awards.
The 23-year-old singer, who split from the Scottish producer in June, admitted he refused to allow her to perform her latest single, 'I Will Never Let You Down,' at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday (10.08.14), as he wrote the track.
The blonde beauty told 'On Air with Ryan Seacrest' on Tuesday (12.08.14): ''For anybody who doesn't understand how it works, he wrote and produced the song. So he has to approve anything TV-wise for anybody who doesn't get it. And obviously he owns the rights to it and he didn't approve the Teen Choice Awards.''
But Rita, who had been planning her performance for ''about a month,'' claimed she wasn't shocked by Calvin's ''last minute change'' of heart.
She said: ''I could have got told a few weeks earlier, you know. That would have been nice. It was a last minute change, but you know what, it happens and we move on and move forward ... It is what it is, man. You know, you write a song with somebody, and I guess there's some stuff that comes with it ... Everything happens for a reason, that's how I look at it.''
Rita is still a huge fan of the song, which was ''written out of love'' when she and Calvin were still together.
She said: ''I wrote this with a really special person, and it was the first time I ever kind of opened my doors up for somebody I knew personally. This song was written out of love ... But you know, people move on and move forward.''
Before performing an acoustic version on the radio show, she added: ''Before I do this, it's still an amazing song,. I don't want anybody to have like a dark cloud over this song.''