Ricky Gervais will not host the Golden Globe Awards again, despite admitting he ''had a blast'' during his latest presenting stint.
The comedian - who aimed a number of crude jokes at celebrities in the audience when he fronted the event in Los Angeles on Sunday (15.01.12) - has instructed his agent not to let him present the ceremony for a fourth time because he doesn't enjoy the prestigious hosting role until the evening is over.
Writing on his official blog, Ricky - who came under fire after insulting several celebrities in the audience while hosting the spectacle in 2011 - said: "Thank f**k that's over. I had a blast actually. It was by far my favourite of the three hosting stints.
"I've told my agent to never let me be persuaded to do it again though. It's like a Parachute jump. You can only really enjoy it in retrospect when you realise you didn't die and it was quite an amazing thing to do."
The 50-year-old star's latest jibes saw him joke about Jodie Foster's sexuality and poke fun at Justin Bieber's recent paternity scandal - but he thinks the audience understood his crude comedy a lot more this time around.
He wrote: "The crowd were great this year too. I think they finally worked out that my gags only seemed rude and nasty but were actually not too scary at all.
"Or they were just drunker. Either way, it was fun but I'm glad to say I'm off to New York to chill out a bit."
However, it's not the first time Ricky has said he won't host the Golden Globes again.
Following his controversial presenting stint in 2011 - which saw him ridicule top Hollywood stars including Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Charlie Sheen and Robert Downey Jr. - he ruled out fronting the ceremony for a third time.
When asked last year if he would do it again, he replied: "It's doesn't really matter because I'm not going to do it anyway. I said I wouldn't do it a second time but I think twice is enough."