The former ‘Top Gear’ presenter was urged to take a "complete break,” following his firing from the BBC show.
Jeremy Clarkson has revealed he was sent to rehab over the summer, following his sacking from ‘Top Gear’. The presenter said he was ordered to take a "complete break” by doctors, due to the stress of dealing with his exit from the BBC series. Clarkson left the show in March following a much publicised 'fracas' with producer, Oisin Tymon.
Jeremy Clarkson has revealed he entered rehab for stress over the summer.
Writing in his Sunday Times column Clarkson said, 'Back in the summer it was decided by people with serious faces and stethoscopes that I needed a complete break. And they weren't talking about two weeks in the sun with a book, and a million cocktail parties every night. They were talking about a whole month in the Stone Age.’
Continue reading: Jeremy Clarkson 'Entered Rehab For Stress' After 'Top Gear' Axing
A trademark application for the strange name was reported by BuzzFeed.
The new Amazon motoring show to be presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May might be getting a rather bizarre title. Legal documents unearthed in a new report suggest that the upcoming show might have the name ‘Gear Knobs’. Okaaaay…
A trademark application, filed two weeks before the former ‘Top Gear’ trio announced their new deal with Amazon’s Prime Instant Video service on July 30th, was discovered by BuzzFeed. This suggests that Clarkson and co. will not only be sticking with the kind of laddish humour that’s made them globally popular, but have also decided to annoy their former BBC employers in the process.
Clarkson's new Amazon motoring show could have an extremely bizarre title
A source told The Daily Mirror that Clarkson will be the highest-earning TV presenter in Britain, raking in a cool £800,000 per episode.
A new report has suggested that Jeremy Clarkson will be the highest-earning TV host in Britain, earning close to £10 million per series of his new show on Amazon Prime with former ‘Top Gear’ co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May.
A source told The Daily Mirror on Thursday evening (August 27th) that Clarkson, who was unceremoniously axed from the BBC earlier this year after punching one of ‘Top Gear’s producers, will be paid nearly £800,000 per episode of the new series, which is set to debut in mid-2016.
Jeremy Clarkson will apparently be earning nearly £800k per episode of the new Amazon show
Continue reading: Jeremy Clarkson To Net Nearly £10 Million Per Series Of New Amazon Show
There’ll be no need to put the stars in reasonably price cars over on Amazon...
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, the former ‘Top Gear’ trio, last week announced they’d signed a deal with Amazon Prime to front a new motoring show on the streaming service. But for those wondering how much it cost Amazon to nab the three presenters, the answer is reportedly a whopping £160 million.
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are headed to Amazon with a new series.
Yes according to former 'Top Gear' producer Andy Wilman, who has also jumped ship with the trio, Amazon reportedly promised the presenters a budget of £160 million to lure them away from competitors such as Netflix.
Wilman left along with Richard Hammond and James May after Jeremy Clarkson's sacking from the BBC earlier in 2015, but believes Chris Evans is the best choice to continue with the popular British show.
He may be following Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May out of the BBC to help with the trio’s new Amazon Prime show, but executive producer Andy Wilman has given his backing to ‘Top Gear’s new presenter Chris Evans.
While speaking to Broadcast magazine about the new show, Wilman was asked for his thoughts on what was going on back at the BBC with what remains of ‘Top Gear’. He said that he was satisfied with Evans’ appointment in June this year, as it demonstrated that the Beeb are serious about breathing new life into it, after he and Clarkson brought it back to the network in 2002.
Chris Evans is the new 'Top Gear' presenter on the BBC
The ex-'Top Gear' trio have a new home on Amazon Prime, and the as-yet-untitled show will be launching in 2016.
Former ‘Top Gear’ hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have finally decided where they’ll be making their new motoring show. The ex-BBC trio have signed up with Amazon’s streaming video service ‘Amazon Prime’, with the first commissioned series due in 2016.
Speculation has been rife as to where their new home would be, following their departure from the BBC Two show earlier in 2015 after Clarkson’s now-infamous ‘fracas’ in March when he assaulted one of the show’s producers. Netflix, Sky and ITV had all been touted as strong possibilities in the last few months, but the US giant appears to beaten all of them to their signatures.
Continue reading: Clarkson, Hammond And May To Launch New Motoring Show On Amazon Prime
The former 'Top Gear' presenter has filmed a two-part wildlife show called 'Richard Hammond's Jungle Quest', set to air later in 2015.
Richard Hammond has landed his first solo job since the end of his tenure on ‘Top Gear’ at the BBC, with Sky commissioning a special two-part wildlife documentary that will see him trek deep into the Amazon jungle to photograph exotic animals.
Sky announced on Monday (July 20th) that ‘Richard Hammond’s Jungle Quest’ will air in September on Sky1 HD in the form of two hour-long episodes. They were produced in conjunction with Sky Rainforest Rescue, which saw the broadcaster partner up with WWF.
Richard Hammond will present a Sky wildlife documentary in September
Could Clarkson be about to front a new motoring show across the pond?
Jeremy Clarkson’s lawyers might just have found away to get around the BBC’s attempts to stop the presenter from brining a new 'Top Gear'-style show to ITV. A clause in Clarkson’s contract reportedly prevents him and his ‘Top Gear’ co-presenters James May and Richard Hammond from working for a rival terrestrial British broadcaster for at least the next two years, but lawyers might just have discovered a loophole that could see them back on our screens.
Jeremy Clarkson’s BBC contract reportedly stops him from making a series to rival ‘Top Gear’.
According The Sunday Mirror Clarkson is busy trying to get around the contractual ban by making a new show in America and then selling the programme to other broadcasters worldwide including ITV in the UK.
It’s the end of an era for ‘Top Gear’ fans.
The final episode of motoring series ‘Top Gear’ to feature Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May as hosts pulled in 5.3 million viewers for the BBC on Sunday evening. The special episode ran in an extended time slot from 8pm to 9.15pm and easily beat any competition, taking a 23% share of all TV viewers.
Jeremy Clarkson Richard Hammond and James May’s final ‘Top Gear’ episode has aired.
The episode was a cobbling together of footage which was filmed for the final two parts of the show's current series, prior to Clarkson’s firing following a ‘fracas’ with a producer. At it’s peak 5.8 million were tuning in to say goodbye to the trio who have fronted the show together since 2003.
The Radio 2 presenter and bookies' favourite was at last confirmed as the new 'Top Gear' presenter after months of speculation.
The official ‘Top Gear’ site first posted the announcement on Tuesday (June 16th) that the BBC Radio 2 presenter would be fronting a revamped version of the show next year. Of course, the news also means that Richard Hammond and James May will not be returning to the show, despite a rumoured £4.6 million offer each to remain with the BBC.
Chris Evans will be the new lead presenter of a re-vamped 'Top Gear' in 2016
Continue reading: Chris Evans Confirmed As New Host Of 'Top Gear'
A trailer has emerged for the last 'Top Gear' footage to feature the sacked Jeremy Clarkson.
The BBC has released the trailer for the last ever ‘Top Gear’ episode to feature Jeremy Clarkson, and it looks set to finally close out the era in fine style.
The 33-second clip was released on Tuesday evening (June 9th), and features the now-sacked presenter and his two co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May dressed in dinner jackets and standing in a desert. They receive a challenge to race cheap cars while towing caravans to a finish line in order to avoid a forfeit.
One last time: BBC releases last ever 'Top Gear' trailer for a Clarkson-starring episode
Continue reading: BBC Releases Final 'Top Gear' Episode Trailer To Feature Jeremy Clarkson
The BBC are said to have offered the pair a mega money deal to stay as ‘Top Gear’ presenters.
Richard Hammond and James May could soon become the highest paid stars at the BBC, if they accept a deal worth £4.6million each to stay on as hosts of 'Top Gear' for two more series. According to the Daily Mail, the corporation is willing to go to extreme lengths to keep the duo and prevent them from being snapped up by rivals ITV or Netflix.
The trio during 'Clarkson Hammond and May Live'.
But the corporation isn’t intending to replace Jeremy Clarkson anytime soon. The BBC is said to be considering modeling the new series of the show on ‘Have I Got News For You’ or ‘Never Mind The Buzzcocks’, which saw a guest host every episode rather than a permanent presenter.
The duo are reported to have received seven figure per-annum offers to stay on and present 'Top Gear' with a weekly "guest presenter".
In contrast to many reports that have been doing the rounds over the past few weeks, ‘Top Gear’ presenters James May and Richard Hammond might not be leaving the BBC after all. In fact, it was reported today that the duo may stay with corporation to front a re-vamped version of the show alongside a weekly “guest presenter”.
The pair had been widely believed to have effectively followed Jeremy Clarkson out of the door, following his sacking in March. However, the Independent’s Matthew Norman reported on Monday (June 1st) that May and Hammond had been offered £1 million-per-year deals by the BBC to stay in their posts.
Richard Hammond and James May are reported to have received a huge offer to stay at the BBC
Clarkson also used Twitter to reassure a fan that television screens hadn't seen the last of him yet.
Jeremy Clarkson took to Twitter to agree with another user that he is “fed up” of the deluge of media speculation around his future, ever since he was sacked from BBC’s ‘Top Gear’ after his notorious “fracas” with producer Oisin Tymon.
Twitter user Sienna Sapphire seemingly wondered out loud: “Anyone else sick of hearing about Jeremy Clarkson? Nothing particularly against him, but why is his every move / word still in the news?” She was probably a bit surprised to find that, this morning, Clarkson had replied “I do like me but even I'm fed up with it.”
Jeremy Clarkson being interviewed by Chris Evans for BBC R2
The trio are in talks with the streaming service, with one source claiming the new show might be called 'House of Cars' - nice.
Jeremy Clarkson could be returning to screens alongside his former ‘Top Gear’ pals Richard Hammond and James May. The trio are reported to be in talks with Netflix to launch a new car-based show in the wake of Clarkson’s exile from the BBC.
According to the Daily Mirror, one name being considered for the revamped show is ‘House of Cars’, an explicit and cheeky reference to the success of Kevin Spacey’s original political drama ‘House of Cards’ which found a home on the streaming service. An insider told the British paper “If it goes ahead, they're planning to call it ‘House of Cars’, which is just genius.”
James May, Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson (l-r) are reportedly in talks with Netflix
Continue reading: Will Clarkson, Hammond And May's New 'Top Gear' Be On Netflix?
The upcoming shows have been renamed 'Clarkson, Hammond and May Live' since the host’s sacking.
Jeremy Clarkson has reportedly agreed to keep quiet over his recent sacking by the BBC so that the planned ‘Top Gear Live Shows’ can go ahead. Clarkson was axed as host of the long running motoring series last month after a ‘fracas’ involving one of the show’s producers.
'Top Gear' fans will be able to see Clarkson, Hammond and May reunited at the upcoming live shows.
Clarkson is said to have reached an agreement with the BBC so the now renamed live show can go ahead as planned in May. The series of live shows, which are co-owned by BBC Worldwide will start in Belfast on 22 May and not feature any ‘Top Gear’ branding or The Stig.
The BBC's director-general, Tony Hall has reportedly received death threats since Clarkson was dropped as host of the BBC show.
The fallout from Jeremy Clarkson’s ‘Top Gear’ exit is showing no signs of ending anytime soon, as some fans of the show just can’t get over the fact the long running host has been ousted. According to CNN, BBC director-general Tony Hall has even received death threats in the days following his announcement of Clarkson’s departure from the series.
Former 'Top Gear' host Jeremy Clarkson.
"Police in Westminster are investigating an allegation of threats to kill," the Metropolitan Police confirmed to CNN in a statement. The threat is said to have been reported on Wednesday, with police adding that it was made by email. ”The content of the message suggests (it was sent) from outside the UK,” the Met. statement continued.
North Yorkshire Police have asked the BBC for a copy of the report that led to the 'Top Gear' presenter being dismissed on Wednesday.
On the same day it was announced that he had been sacked by the BBC after a ‘fracas’ with a ‘Top Gear’ producer, things could be about to get even worse for Jeremy Clarkson. Sky News confirmed that North Yorkshire Police has asked the BBC for its report in to the incident, and may charge him “where necessary”.
54 year old Clarkson was told on Wednesday by BBC Director General Tony Hall that his contract with the corporation will not be renewed. Hall is publishing the findings of the internal investigation, and has been asked by police for a copy of the report, leading to the possibility of an assault charge against the presenter.
Ex-'Top Gear' presenter Jeremy Clarkson riding around London
Continue reading: Sacked 'Top Gear' Presenter Jeremy Clarkson Facing Possible Police Probe
Clarkson was suspended from ‘Top Gear’ earlier this month, after a "fracas" involving one of the show’s producers.
Suspended ‘Top Gear’ host Jeremy Clarkson has said he believes “protest never works”, despite a petition calling for him to be reinstated by the BBC reaching one million signatures. Clarkson made the comments in his weekly column for British newspaper The Sun, just days after launching into a foul mouthed rant against the BBC.
Suspended 'Top Gear' host Jeremy Clarkson
"The simple truth of the matter is this: Protest never works. Because we are all plankton. And the world is run by whales,” Clarkson wrote. “Oh, you can be a big and important plankton but that doesn't make a jot of difference if a whale has decided to eat you up.”
Clarkson was suspended by the BBC on March 10th after a “fracas” involving one of the show’s producers.
James May and Richard Hammond are said to be refusing to film another episode of ‘Top Gear’ without their currently suspended co-host Jeremy Clarkson. Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC since March 10th and the presenter’s fate is currently being decided pending the result of an internal investigation.
Clarkson is currently suspended from 'Top Gear' and the BBC
According to The Mirror the two presenters have turned down filming any more episodes of the motoring series which would feature mainly recorded segments with some of footage of Hammond and May in the studio.
Richard Hammond Tuesday 23rd October 2007 leaves BBC Radio 1 to promote his new book "On The Edge" detailing the events surrounding his near death crash while filming an episode of Top Gear London, England