'The Grand Tour' presenter Richard Hammond is recovering from his second major motor collision.
If your main job is to speed around on various motor vehicles across different terrains, the law of probability says you're bound to end up in one or two scrapes. While on the road in Africa for his new Amazon series, Richard Hammond has escaped unharmed from his second major vehicular accident.
Richard Hammond in motorcycle crash during 'The Grand Tour' filming
The Hamster was shooting for a new episode of 'The Grand Tour' with his fellow hosts Jeremy Clarkson and James May, when he crashed his motorbike during a trip in Mozambique rendering himself unconscious. However, it seems he's alive and well but is refusing to give any details away just yet.
For once it’s not Jeremy Clarkson causing controversy.
‘The Grand Tour’ presenter Richard Hammond has come under fire from viewers, after describing ice cream as a food only for gay people during the latest episode of the Amazon Prime series.
Richard Hammond’s bizarre ice cream comment has angered ‘The Grand Tour’ viewers
Clarkson and the ‘Grand Tour’ team had been trying to board a flight out of Germany.
Jeremy Clarkson has claimed he was barred from boarding a flight in Stuttgart, Germany by an angry airport worker.
Speaking to The Sun, ‘The Grand Tour’ host claimed an Argentinian airport employee shouted at him “I’m from Argentina so f*** you!”, as he prevented him and co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May from boarding.
However a spokesman for Stuttgart Airport disputed Clarkson’s version of events and said the host had missed several calls for his flight and that the employee in question is Spanish, not Argentinian.
Continue reading: Jeremy Clarkson Claims He Was Barred From Flight By Airport Worker
Filming for the new Amazon show was scheduled to begin in South Africa on Friday (July 15).
He’s filmed in front of a live audience thousands of times in his career, but former ‘Top Gear’ host Jeremy Clarkson has admitted he’s nervous about the recording of his new Amazon motoring series ‘The Grand Tour’. Clarkson will be fronting the show with his former ‘Top Gear’ colleagues James May and Richard Hammond and filming was scheduled to being in South Africa on Friday.
Jeremy Clarkson is nervous about recording ‘The Grand Tour’
Wiring in his weekly column for The Sun, Clarkson said: "We've done it hundreds of times. It should be easy. I should be relaxed. But tomorrow, in a field just outside Johannesburg, James May, Richard Hammond and I will record the first studio segment for our new show, 'The Grand Tour'. And I don’t mind telling you. I’m crapping myself.”
Continue reading: Jeremy Clarkson Is Nervous About Filming 'The Grand Tour'
Clarkson described it as ‘the most dangerous stunt I've ever attempted’, but some fans don’t believe him.
Jeremy Clarkson took to twitter on Friday (April 1st) to share a shocking image of his blackened and bloodied face, after filming a dangerous new stunt for his upcoming Amazon Prime series. But some fans questioned the authenticity of Clarkson’s pic and wondered if it was all just a publicity stunt.
I survived the day. Just. pic.twitter.com/I9IB9OGwv1— Jeremy Clarkson (@JeremyClarkson) April 1, 2016
£4.5 million per episode must be able to buy a LOT of old cars.
Fans of Jeremy Clarkson’s reign on ‘Top Gear’ can be assured that the new Amazon Prime show will be as excessively silly as ever, after the presenter posted photographic evidence of a car wreck he was involved in during filming in Barbados.
The disgraced former BBC presenter, who was sacked after the legendary ‘fracas’ with a producer which occurred almost exactly a year ago on the last series of ‘Top Gear’, admitted that he wrote off one of the cars he was driving while shooting the new big-budget Amazon Prime series on the Caribbean island with trusty colleagues Richard Hammond and James May.
It's unlikely, but the criminal investigation case over the incident on the 'Top Gear' Christmas special has been re-opened by an Argentinian court of appeals.
A court in Argentina is re-opening a criminal investigation against Jeremy Clarkson and ‘Top Gear’, with regard to the controversial Christmas special episode set in the South American state, with prosecutors seeking a three-year sentence for the former presenter.
Clarkson and his ‘Top Gear’ colleague Richard Hammond and James May sparked fury in the southern-most province of Tierra Del Fuego in October last year, when Clarkson drove the whole 1,400 mile trip in a red Porsche with the licence plate H982 FKL – taken to be a reference to the Falklands War between Argentina and Britain by irate locals and veterans of the conflict.
Jeremy Clarkson being interviewed by new 'Top Gear' host Chris Evans in 2015
Continue reading: Jeremy Clarkson To Face Argentinian Jail Over Licence Plate Controversy?
But the new presenter has yet to reveal the full line-up
The Top Gear presenting line-up - it’s had more drama than the cobbles of Corrie and the square of Eastenders. Since Jeremy Clarkson had his contract ended with the BBC One show after a fracas with a producer, there’s been rumours (Jodie Kidd), possibilities (Jensen Button) and definite nos (Sue Perkins, who had to quit Twitter after the trolls told her they didn’t want to see her on the show).
Chris Evans has picked a team for the new Top Gear series
Now Chris Evans, the one constant since the trio of Clarkson, May and Hammond left, has revealed that the newest line-up has been picked and there will be “announcements pending”.
Continue reading: Chris Evans Has His New Top Gear Team
Clarkson left ‘Top Gear’ earlier this year, following a fracas with one of the show’s producers.
Jeremy Clarkson has said he considered doing “nothing at all” after his axing from 'Top Gear' earlier this year, until Amazon Prime came to the rescue. Writing in his Sunday Times column, Clarkson also said he had no idea that his co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond would refuse to do the show without him.
Jeremy Clarkson considered doing “nothing at all”, after ‘Top Gear’ axing.
Writing about his feelings in the days after his firing, Clarkson said, “I didn’t really know what I was going to do. A large part of me considering the appealing option of ‘nothing at all’. A smaller part thought I should change tack and do a programme about farming.”
The former ‘Top Gear’ presenter was urged to take a "complete break,” following his firing from the BBC show.
Jeremy Clarkson has revealed he was sent to rehab over the summer, following his sacking from ‘Top Gear’. The presenter said he was ordered to take a "complete break” by doctors, due to the stress of dealing with his exit from the BBC series. Clarkson left the show in March following a much publicised 'fracas' with producer, Oisin Tymon.
Jeremy Clarkson has revealed he entered rehab for stress over the summer.
Writing in his Sunday Times column Clarkson said, 'Back in the summer it was decided by people with serious faces and stethoscopes that I needed a complete break. And they weren't talking about two weeks in the sun with a book, and a million cocktail parties every night. They were talking about a whole month in the Stone Age.’
Continue reading: Jeremy Clarkson 'Entered Rehab For Stress' After 'Top Gear' Axing