Reese Witherspoon's arrest video is full of classic moments. Mainly about being an American citizen.
A new video of Reese Witherspoon's arrest in Georgia has been released online, much to the delight of internet users. In a cringe worthy clip from start to finish, Witherspoon is seen being handcuffed and arrested after arguing with police who had begun questioning her husband Jim Toth for DUI.
The footage - which the police insist they did not leak - shows the Oscar winner getting out of her car to defend her husband only to be apprehended by officers. Here's the five cringiest moments:
1. "I'm a US citizen and I am allowed to stand on American ground and ask any question I want to ask." HAHA. Yep, Witherspoon actually said she was allowed to stand on American ground and ask any question she wanted.
2. When the policeman is seen arresting Witherspoon for obstructing his questioning, the Walk the Line actress yells, "Are you arresting me? This is beyond. This is harassment, you're harassing an American citizen, I have done nothing against the law." HAHA.
3. Here's the big one. You've probably heard about it by now, but little old Reese Witherspoon pulled out the celebrity card in a big way. "Do you know my name sir? You don't need to know my name? Oh really, OK. You're about the find out who I am," she blurted out as her husband presumably sat and watched in disbelief. The officer said he really didn't care who she was.
4. As Witherspoon realises she's actually being arrested, she starts banging on about what it is to be an American, before asking, "I'm obstructing your justice? Really? I'm being anti-American? Wow. Interesting" Anti-American? WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?
5. In probably the least cringy and most funny part of the video, Reese's husband Jim is heard telling police "I'm sorry, I had nothing to do with that," as his wife is led back to the police vehicle.
Witherspoon later released a statement apologizing for her behaviour, which read, "I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behaviour."
Watch the Reese Witherspoon arrest video below!