Funk rockers Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced their comeback concert after more than a year on hiatus recovering from a hectic tour schedule promoting three albums in quick succession.
Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced their comeback concert.
The US funk rockers went on hiatus in 2008 after 25 years together, but have said that they will play the charity concert MusiCares 2010 on January 29, honouring Neil Young for his services to the musicians' charity.
Three members of the group played the same concert earlier this year which was honouring Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis, but this will be the first time the whole group has played together since they completed the last leg of their 'StadiumArcadium Tour'.
In May 2008, Kiedis announced the band was taking a break of "at least a year"
He said: "We're disbanded for the moment. We actually took a very long time to make the 'Stadium Arcadium' record, it took forever. It was really a gruelling, long haul and it followed two other very long hauls, 'Californication' and 'By the Way'."
However the 'Under The Bridge' hitmakers returned to the studio last month to record their follow-up album to 2006's 'Stadium Arcadium' which, according to drummer Chad Smith, will be released next year.
In September, the band were nominated for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - in their first year of eligibility - and will find out if they have been awarded the honour in the new year.