Depp To Quit At 50? - Comments and Message Board

Well Cliff was an actor too so I guess Johnny hasnt seen Cliff full repertoire which would be because it spans almost 50 years!....BOTH men are wonderful talented individuals and Johnny has many more years left to fully engage his talent if he so wishes, Cliff has had many career peaks but has more left to come. I think Johnny enjoys the characters he is currently able to play and perhaps cant see his changing role still challenging him....I'm sure at 30 Cliff did not know what 50 held for him...We will all wait and see and enjoy whatever talents they choose to display..:-)

Posted 8 years 11 months ago by VidaNovaGal

VidaNovaGal's picture

Sorry davanne... but Johnny has not had surgical operations to make him look younger like Cliff has. Sure, taste is different, but I'd ALWAYS prefer Johnny to Cliff - especially after having met the latter finding out he was a total jerk (sorry!)Johnny is the best actor there has been around for a long time, and I'm sure he'll be around for quite a while yet. He looks great, but it's his acting skills I love him for. He is so so talented and it would be a great loss if he quite in 7 years. There's no one like him

Posted 8 years 11 months ago by JepperDepper

JepperDepper's picture

i don't think this means he is actually going to stop appearing in films as soon as he turns 50, what he says is that he doesnt think he will last, maybe he feels the public wont want to see his films once he has lost his good looks?i think he is one of the best actors of our time though and should carry on acting for as long as he can.

Posted 8 years 11 months ago by willywonka

willywonka's picture

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't quit! He just can't quit! I love him too much! We all love him too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 8 years 11 months ago by no1_sony

no1_sony's picture

awww, I hope he doesnt quit hes such a fantastic actor!! He is my most favorite!

Posted 8 years 11 months ago by xArielBx

xArielBx's picture

I think it is a complement to Cliff that someone as well known in the USA as Johnny Depp knows of him and his music to make a comparison even if it was 'tongue in cheek'? Good one Cliff. Regards, Ann (Tasmania, Australia)

Posted 8 years 11 months ago by CliffsDvlWmn

CliffsDvlWmn's picture

BULLs**t. Johnny has stated a few times that he looks forward to getting older, because he'll be able to play more varied roles. Utter crap.

Posted 8 years 11 months ago by Satch