Contactmusic.com are committed to honouring the privacy and integrity of your personal information. We respect your right to keep private information to yourself, but in order to provide you with services through this web site, a small amount of your personal information is required.
The variety of information that we request, except for a few mandatory questions is optional. We do not distribute your personal information to any third parties without your consent.
Information collected from you may be used for the following purposes:
Why We Need Your Information
1. We collect your credit card information, address and billing information so we may process your order and charge your account for products that you purchase.
2. We collect information about your computer and connection speed to improve the performance and usability of our site.
3. You need to submit your Email address when you request to be on one of our mailing lists. If at any time you no longer wish to receive mailings, simply reply to the email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line and your email address will be removed from that specific list.
4. We collect and will occasionally release aggregate demographic information about user trends to third parties. However we do not give out individual sales information unless required to do so by law.
5. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
6. We collect information about you and your music to create your customisable web site. Some of this information, like your biography, is displayed on your web page. Other information, like your influences and bands you sound like, is used to help potential fans find your music.
7. We will always ask you before we send your information to a third party, such as a record label, etc.
8. All personal information is stored in secure databases. Access to that information is strictly controlled and limited to certain individuals within our Company. If your email address changes and you would like to continue receiving any of our mailings, please notify us at email@example.com so we can update your records accordingly.