The quest will be no easy task as the lands you seek to conquer are heavily defended by thousands of troops, all with special skills and individual strengths and various war machines. You will be given the opportunity to command the forces of not only the Romans, but also the ferocious Gauls and the religiously fanatical Egyptians. The road to victory depends on strategy, tactics, troop formations, learning to combine units and exploiting your enemy's weaknesses.
Played out in jaw dropping 3D visuals, from the immense scale of the Pyramids right down to the individual centurion, Praetorians is stunning in its detail, scale and beauty. The game is also incredibly intuitive allowing skilled strategy gamers and beginners alike to fully immerse themselves in the game with absolute ease.
"We want to enable each player to develop their own strategies, so that each battle will be a unique experience depending on the tactics used," says Javier Arevalo, Project Leader on Praetorians.
" Control three different civilisations each featuring a unique set of troops and war machines.
1. The Romans with their disciplined behaviour in the battlefield, utilising organisation and flexible formations as a means of overthrowing the enemy.
2. Gauls have the power of raw strength, more flexibility of movement on different terrains, and are very well suited for guerrilla war and skirmishes.
3. Egyptian priests use a combination of religious fanaticism and science to complement their range of military units.
4. Over 20 varied missions
5. Use all the powerful war machines of roman campaigns. Make the best use of them to protect possessions or to destroy enemy defences and siege their fortresses.
6. Different terrain and landscapes play a major part in battle. The AI will understand terrain and its defensive and offensive possibilities and will also affect unit visibility
7. Strong multiplayer component (up to 8 players) over Lan or Internet. You can take control of any of the three civilisations in this mode.