Oscar Isaac's role in 'Star Wars: Episode VII' is to be expanded.
Producers are planning to beef up the 'Inside Llewyn Davis' star's part after leading actor Harrison Ford - who is due to reprise his role as Han Solo from the original trilogy - suffered a broken leg on set earlier this month.
While plot and character details are being kept tightly under wraps, it's thought Isaac is playing a descendant, or even the son, of Han Solo.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: ''They are now beefing up Oscar's role to be bigger with Harrison injured.''
Meanwhile, Lucasfilm and Disney bosses are scrambling to try and work around Ford's injury, which could make him unavailable for filming for up to six months.
Disney previously insisted filming will continue and Ford is only expected to be out of action for six-to-eight weeks. But the eagerly anticipated film could be faced with a dilemma if his recovery takes longer than expected.
It was previously claimed director J.J. Abrams could be forced to shut down production or make big changes to the script, which heavily relies on Ford's character.
The source added: ''Shutting down the movie is impossible. The basic story line will not change that much.''
The insider stresses, however, that there are no big changes expected to the plot but ''the order of filming scenes could be shifted'' to continue production in Ford's absence.
'Star Wars: Episode VII' is still expected to hit cinemas in December 2015.
Ryan Reynolds says that his Deadpool make-up terrified his baby daughter...
Michael Douglas has spoken about his marriage and his health as he stepped...
Gwyneth Paltrow has told a Los Angeles court that she feared for her...
The new Marvel movie hits theaters on Friday.
Even though zero women suffer from erectile dysfunction...