Retired boxer Oscar De La Hoya is celebrating after a judge threw out a $5 million (£3.1 million) lawsuit from a hooker who claimed they indulged in a drug-fuelled sex session.
De La Hoya was hit with legal action in January (12) from Angelica Cecora, 25, who alleged they romped in his luxury suite at a New York hotel in March last year (11).
She claimed De La Hoya scared her by showing signs of bizarre behaviour during their meeting, and she sued for emotional distress, false imprisonment, and assault - but a judge in Manhattan kicked out the case on Thursday (05Apr12), branding it "completely without merit in the law".
Cecora was ordered to pay a $500 (£312) fine and cover De La Hoya's legal costs as the lawsuit was intended to "harass or maliciously injure" the star, according to the judge.
After the ruling, De La Hoya told the New York Post, "I am glad to be able to put this outrageous case behind me. My past was dark, but my future is bright."
Writer-director Christopher McQuarrie brings a dark and gritty tone to this larger-than-life franchise.
Ed Helms has spoken about his initial reluctance to follow up the 80's cult classics.
Mike's current life revolves around his girlfriend, a healthy amount of weed and his job at the local cash & carry.
Michael Douglas' two movies this year couldn't be much more different.
O'Brien, Rocky Horror's creator, will be playing the narrator in a special West End run in September this year.
As soon a pop partnership Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift got together, we knew it...
Just a day after Zayn Malik said that he had left them to make “#realmusic”, One Direction...