The list makes painful reading for us regular Joes
Those lads; they’re young, good looking, known around the world, and they can buy pretty much anything they want with those reported £5m earning each. Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne are big ol’ millionaires.
Of course, Adele tops the list. Recently, it was revealed that she earned something like £40k a day, or something equally ridiculous. The star has re-risen to prominence since her brief hiatus. Since, she’s won Grammys, Oscars and had a baby. And that makes her earnings even more impressive, grabbing £10m while giving birth and raising a little one. Impressive much? Cheryl Cole's fortune is estimated at £14 million, while Leona Lewis and Katie Melua are both worth £12 million. Emeli Sande and Ed Sheeran – both of which are worth £5 million – are newcomers to the list. Lily Allen is perhaps a surprise entry on the list, given that she hasn’t really done anything for ages. Just sits around in her big house and talks about babies. Probably eats asparagus, too.
One Direction doing their thing
1. Adele - £30 million
2. Cheryl Cole - £14 million
3. Leona Lewis & Katie Melua (tie) - £12 million each
5. Florence Welch £9 million
6. Charlotte Church and Jessie J (tie) - £8 million each
8. Lily Allen, Nadine Coyle, Duffy, each member of JLS, James Morrison and Nicola Roberts (tie) - £6 million each
14. Emeli Sande, each member of One Direction and Ed Sheeran (tie) — £5 million each