Nigella Lawson said she is ''not proud'' of her past drug use in court today (05.12.13) after previously admitting to experimenting with cocaine and cannabis.
Nigella Lawson is ''not proud'' of her past drug use.
The 53-year-old TV chef returned to Isleworth Crown Court in London today (05.12.13) to continue giving evidence in the ongoing fraud case against her former assistants, Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo, and admitted she feels shameful about her use of cocaine and cannabis.
The remorse comes after the self-styled domestic goddess told the court yesterday (04.12.13) she had dabbled in cocaine a handful of times while married to first husband John Diamond - who died in 2001 - and smoked cannabis for much of the final year of her second marriage to art dealer Charles Saatchi, 70.
Nigella was accused of being dishonest about her drug use by defence barrister Karina Arden and responded: ''I'm not proud of the fact I have taken drugs but that does not make me a drug addict or a habitual drug user.
''No one really wants their errors having the spotlight put on them. When I needed to tell the truth, I told the truth.''
The Grillos' defence representative also claimed Nigella - who divorced Charles earlier this year after pictures emerged of him with his hands wrapped around her throat outside London restaurant, Scott's, in June - was using her testimony as ''damage limitation'' to explain her recent controversies, including allegations of habitual drug use, to the world's media.
'The Taste' star responded she was reluctant to give evidence for fear of being ''menaced'', and added: ''I felt that I would be put on trial. I felt it was my duty to come. I certainly felt it would be an unpleasant experience, but that's not a good enough reason not to do one's duty.''
Nigella also vehemently denied her ex-husband's claims that he was searching her nose for cocaine in the now infamous pictures of their restaurant incident.
She explained: ''Mr. Saatchi was not examining me for cocaine. That's a story he made up afterwards to clear his name.''
Nigella's evidence is part of an ongoing trial against the Grillos, who are accused of spending around £685,000 on personal items with their company credit cards.
The trial continues.
The 2016 Republican candidate is already thinking ahead
Richards is eager to begin work on follow-up to 2005's 'A Bigger Bang', but doesn't reckon that will happen until April 2016 at the earliest.
The two-time Oscar winner has been cast as '50s TV sweetheart Lucille Ball, according to new reports.
The star, and committed advocate on environmental issues, took to the streets with dozens of Greenpeace protestors on Wednesday.
Set in an undisclosed African location, the video for the fifth single from '1989' has drawn criticism for its almost entirely white cast.
'The Danish Girl' is a true story of the very first identified transgender woman. The movie has been directed by Oscar winner Tom Hooper.
Florence + The Machine unveil a live recording of their performance of newest single 'Queen Of Peace' at Glastonbury 2015.
'Knock Knock' is a suspenseful horror with some unlikely villains.