Zsa Zsa Gabor - Zsa Zsa Gabor Operation 'A Success' Says Prince Frederic
An operation on Zsa Zsa Gabor to replace a loose feeding tube in her stomach was hailed a "success" by her husband Prince Frederic Von Anhalt on Monday (10th October 2011). Doctors took just over an hour to complete the operation without any complications on Sunday evening, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Von Anhalt said, "She's recovering nicely", adding his wife was likely to be released from the Ronald Reagan Ucla Medical Centre during the week. She was still being treated on Monday for an infection that caused the tube to come loose. The ailing Hollywood actress was rushed into the emergency room over the weekend after losing consciousness at her Bel-Air mansion - she was also suffering from a high fever and internal bleeding. It was the latest in a string of medical issues for Gabor, who broke her hip last year after falling out of bed and has been in and out of hospital since. She received her last rites from a priest in August 2010, but regained her health and returned home. After contracting an infection in January, the actress had her right leg amputated.
Meanwhile, Gabor's husband Von Anhalt has signalled his intention to run for Mayor of Los Angeles in 2013. He put up a billboard of himself in the city on Wednesday (5th October 2011).