Michael Jackson - Twelve Vials Of Anaesthetic Found In Jackson's Room After Death
A coroner's investigator found 12 bottles of powerful anaesthetic in MICHAEL JACKSON's bedroom after his death in June, 2009, a court has heard.
Investigator Elissa Fleak took the stand at a court in California on Friday (07Jan10) in an ongoing preliminary hearing which will dictate whether Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray will stand trial on an involuntary manslaughter charge relating to the King of Pop's death. The singer passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest brought on by an overdose of anaesthetic Propofol.
Fleak revealed that during searches of Jackson's Los Angeles home, 12 bottles of highly potent drugs were found, including two next to the late star's bed. Nine vials were found in a bag labelled 'baby essentials' in a closet.
When asked by Murray's lawyer J. Michael Flanagan if she remembered how much liquid remained in the vials, she replied, "There were so many vials, I don't remember which ones were more full or less full."
The defence attorney also hinted that the star could have administered lethal dose himself, asking if the two items found next to the bed could have been reached by someone of Jackson's size and height. A judge refused to allow the investigator to answer the question.
Murray's girlfriend Nicole Alvarez, who the doctor called from the ambulance which was transporting Jackson to hospital, also testified on Friday, and claimed the medic had become distracted during a phone call to her that night (25Jun09).
She told the court, "I heard commotion as if the phone was in a pocket or something." Murray was accused by prosecutors on Thursday (06Jan11) of wasting time by making personal calls and texting during the period authorities say he should have been closely monitoring Jackson’s vital signs.
The preliminary hearing began on Tuesday (04Jan11) and is expected to last two weeks.