The Strokes' 'Is This It' has been named album of the decade.
The American rockers' 2001 debut LP topped a list compiled by British music magazine NME made up of votes from record producers, label bosses and musicians, including members of Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys who both rank highly.
Troubled rocker Pete Doherty saw three of his albums make the list, with his former band The Libertines coming in second place with their debut effort 'Up The Bracket'.
The group's second, and final, self-titled release was placed at number 24, while his other band Babyshambles saw their debut record 'Down In Albion' achieve 35th place.
NME Editor Krissi Murison said: "This is the definitive word on the greatest albums of the '00s - as voted for by everyone who helped make music brilliant this decade."
Veteran rockers Primal Scream came in third place with 'Xtrmntr', while Arctic Monkeys' debut album 'Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not' was fourth and 'Fever To Tell' by US group Yeah Yeah Yeahs came fifth.
The 'Maps' hitmakers were one of six acts to have two LPs make the list, with 'Show Your Bones' placed at 32.
In addition to Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Libertines, Radiohead, The White Stripes, Arcade Fire and The Streets all saw two records make it into the top 50.
The best represented year of the decade was 2002, with a total of eight albums released in the year placed in the list.
NME magazine's top 50 albums of the decade:
1. The Strokes - 'Is This It'
2. The Libertines - 'Up The Bracket'
3. Primal Scream - 'Xtrmntr'
4. Arctic Monkeys - 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'
5. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Fever To Tell'
6. PJ Harvey - 'Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea'
7. Arcade Fire - 'Funeral'
8. Interpol - 'Turn On The Bright Lights'
9. The Streets - 'Original Pirate Material'
10. Radiohead - 'In Rainbows'
11. At The Drive In - 'Relationship Of Command'
12. LCD Soundsystem - 'The Sound Of Silver'
13. The Shins - 'Wincing The Night Away'
14. Radiohead - 'Kid A'
15. Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Songs For The Deaf'
16. The Streets - 'A Grand Don't Come For Free'
17. Sufjan Stevens - 'Illinoise'
18. The White Stripes - 'Elephant'
19. The White Stripes - 'White Blood Cells'
20. Blur - 'Think Tank'
21. The Coral - 'The Coral'
22. Jay-Z - 'The Blueprint'
23. Klaxons - 'Myths Of The Near Future'
24. The Libertines - 'The Libertines'
25. Rapture - 'Echoes'
26. Dizzee Rascal - 'Boy in Da Corner'
27. Amy Winehouse - 'Back To Black'
28. Johnny Cash - 'Man Comes Around'
29. Super Furry Animals - 'Rings Around The World'
30. Elbow - 'Asleep In The Back'
31. Bright Eyes - 'I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning'
32. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Show Your Bones'
33. Arcade Fire - 'Neon Bible'
34. Grandaddy - 'The Sophtware Slump'
35. Babyshambles - 'Down In Albion'
36. Spirtualized - 'Let it Come Down'
37. The Knife - 'Silent Shout'
38. Bloc Party - 'Silent Alarm'
39. Crystal Castles - 'Crystal Castles'
40. Ryan Adams - 'Gold'
41. Wild Beasts - 'Two Dancers'
42. Vampire Weekend - 'Vampire Weekend'
43. Wilco - 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot'
44. Outkast - 'Loveboxxx/The Love Below'
45. Avalanches - 'Since I Left You'
46. Delgados - 'The Great Eastern'
47. Brendan Benson - 'Lapalco'
48. Walkmen - 'Bows and Arrows'
49. Muse - 'Absolution'
50. MIA - 'Arular'