Stuart Cable 'Choked On Vomit'
Former Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable died by choking on his own vomit in June this year, an inquest has found.
Former Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable died by choking on his own vomit, an inquest has found.
The court investigation into the musician's death found today (19.10.10) he died due to acute alcohol poisoning, with his blood five times over the drink driving limit. A verdict of accidental death was recorded by the court.
40-year-old Stuart - who was sacked from Stereophonics in 2003 after fallouts with band members Kelly Jones and Richard Jones- had been drinking heavily for the three days prior to his death. He was found unconscious by his partner, Rachel Jones, when she came downstairs to check on him at their home in Llwydcoed, Aberdare, south Wales on June 7 this year.
The inquest heard from Detective Sergeant Richie Jones, how Stuart had been drinking at a local rugby club on June 4, and again at a local pub, the Welsh Harp, after hosting a radio show the next day, after which he held an impromptu party back at his house.
On June 6 Stuart woke late and unsuccessfully tried to arrange a visit to see his son with his ex-wife, before returning the pub, coming home late with a Chinese meal which he ate with Rachel and another friend.
The detective added: "He was extremely drunk at that point but despite this he proceeded to get a bottle of vodka out of the fridge and drink it neat."
After he had been found the next morning, his partner went for help and returned with Stuart's cousin, Aaron Cable, who tried to resuscitate him. He was later pronounced dead at hospital.
A statement from Stuart's family said: "We are still struggling to come to terms with our huge loss."