Stones Are Music's Biggest Earners
THE ROLLING STONES have been named the music industry's biggest earners of 2006, according to a new list published by Forbes magazine.
The SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL rockers raked in a staggering $150.6 million (GBP79.2 million) thanks to their sell out Bigger Bang tour.
Husband-and-wife country stars TIM MCGRAW and FAITH HILL came in second with $132 million (GBP69.5 million), with RASCAL FLATTS' $110.5 million (GBP58.2 million) claiming third spot.
MADONNA and BARBRA STREISAND round out the top five with respective earnings of $96.8 million (GBP50.9 million) and $95.8 million (GBP50.4 million).
The full top 10 is:
1. THE ROLLING STONES - $150.6 million (GBP79.2 million)
2. TIM MCGRAW and FAITH HILL - $132 million (GBP69.5 million)
3. RASCAL FLATTS - $110.5 million (GBP58.2 million)
4. MADONNA - $96.8 million (GBP50.9 million)
5. BARBRA STREISAND - $95.8 million (GBP50.4 million)
6. KENNY CHESNEY - $90.1 million (GBP47.4 million)
7. CELINE DION - $85.2 million (GBP44.8 million)
8. BON JOVI - $77.5 million (GBP40.8 million)
9. NICKELBACK - $74.1 million (GBP39 million)
10. DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - $60.4 million (GBP31.8 million).