Simon And Garfunkel Announce First Tour In Five Yearsby Contributor | 19 February 2009
Singing duo Simon and Garfunkel will take to the road for the first time since 2003, it has been announced.
Art Garfunkel said he and Paul Simon were working on a new plan to tour having made a surprise appearance at Simon's concert in New York.
"Our plan to work together is coming together but it doesn't go through England this time," he told BBC News.
The 67-year-old would not confirm whether the tour would be in their US homeland.
Garfunkel joined his former singing partner on stage on Friday night at a concert to mark the reopening of the refurbished Beacon Theatre.
The duo - winners of a lifetime achievement award at the 2003 Grammys after they performed publicly for the first time in a decade - received a rapturous reception from the New York crowd last week and performed The Sounds of Silence, The Boxer and Old Friends.
Garfunkel remarked: "I said to the audience, 'You don't have a right to expect, and we didn't expect, that the interest in us would last and you would still care right to today and I'm touched'."