Selena's Family Open Up Ten Years After Her Murder

Selena's Family Open Up Ten Years After Her Murder

The family of the late Mexican superstar Selena have come together to discuss her murder a decade ago. The family of "The Queen of Tejano music" revealed that she may have been pregnant at the time she was murdered by the former president of her fan club, Yolanda Saldivar in March 1995. The family came forward to with the revelations in light of the 10th anniversary of her murder.

The Spanish-language magazine 'Latina' brought the Quintanilla family together to mourn their loss, where they announced plans to host anniversary events. Selena's father, Abraham, explained in the interview that Saldivar had attempted to kill his daughter four times before she actually murdered her. He went on to explain that Selena was planning to start a family at the time of her death.

According to Abraham, his daughter had spoken to the family the day before her murder, explaining that she and her husband, Chris Perez, were planning to start and family and had an appointment with a doctor to remove a contraceptive device removed from her. Perez himself contributed to the interview by explaining how he was able to cope with the death of his wife.

Perez explained his coping techniques, saying: "I used to sleep with pictures of her, just snapshots of her without make-up, dusting - how I saw her. I used to carry a book of pictures around with me, just stacks of her. I'd go to a friend's house, and there'd be people mingling, and I'd be this dude in the corner somewhere with my pictures... This is 10 years later and I'm doing the best I can."

Contactmusic

Comments

BigFanOfSelena's picture

BigFanOfSelena

I am from Kiribati and i love selena's voice her best album i love the most is '' late at night when all the world is sleeping..'' love it so much i am sorry to the family especially to her loving husband and parent brother and sister ...she may be gone and i dont know much about her but i miss her everytime i listen to her beautiful voice ...and u devil woman Jessica is right your case must be reopen u must put to death u dont deserve to live and daam !!! you are a big liar Bitch if wernt for u Selena whould had a beautiful family of her own ..RIP Selena miss u so much
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1347197480

misslatina2007's picture

misslatina2007

My blessing go out to you... I was born in 1980 and Selena I grow up with her music... I hate Yolanda and they should reopen her case and sentence her to death row now the law change!!! she shouldn't be living why she not in death row???...Selena is miss for sure and here it is march 27,2011 @ 12:54am in Orlando fl my name is Jessica Rivera Miss Latina Central Fla 2007 sitting here watching her movie on tv and online looking @ pics and videos. I miss her so much and I could image if she was still here where she be @ in her career....Yolanda when you get out watch out because the Latin community is still thinking of Selena and still hating on you. how could you do this!!!!!!! Selena trusted you and if you claIm she was so much your best friend well like me tell you something best friend don't kill you...and her and Chris might had a baby.. you not going to heaven Yolanda!!! THEY NEED TO REOPEN YOUR CASE AND PUT YOU IN DEATH ROW and another thing Yolanda Selena does want anything to do with you.. "THE GOOD ALWAYS DIE YOUNG" miss you selena
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322489857

4 years 1 day ago

thelru's picture

thelru

WHAT HAPPEN TO CHRIS PEREZ AND THE SELENA'S FATHER ABRAHAM AND HER MOTHER, SISTERS AND BROTHER.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322484625

faizul's picture

faizul

miss selena much ... to all fans,pls contact me.fromfaizul,kuala lumpur, malaysia
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322485060

qaLdiee77's picture

qaLdiee77

wen selena died ii wasz 5 yearsz oLd nd iiht wasz veriiee sad. becusz she was my romodeL. ii aLwaiisz wanted tEW qrow uhp nd be Like h3r. cusz ii Luhv music nd ii ckan sinq. ii jusz wiish she neva died cusz ii wud Luhv tEW see h3r nd tLk tEW h3r. buht nOw she iihsz iiN a Betta pLacE. R.I.P. SeLena!
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322487091

6 years 1 week ago

SETDOWN2008's picture

SETDOWN2008

MY HEART GOES OUT TO SELENA AND HER FAMILY. IT WAS SUCH A SENSELESS MURDER COMMITTED BY A VERY SELFISH AND JEALOUS INDIVIDUAL WHO TOOK FROM US A VERY TALENTED BEAUTIFUL AND SPECIAL YOUNG WOMAN. I LOVE U SELENA AND MAY U REST IN PEACE ALWAYS.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322487130

!~AsHlEy~!'s picture

!~AsHlEy~!

Hello my name is Ashley Butcher, and I'm 13 years of age. When i found out that Selena was shot in the back, I was SHOCKED!! How could someone that she loved jus do thos kind of things. I didn't expect it coming! I thought that Yolanda was her friend not an enemy!! Well I hope she rotes in HELL!! Cause if someone did that to me and made me suffer a tragic death! I would want the same thing happening to them!! Well don't forget Selena your in GODS hands now and no-one can not hurt you anymore!! Selena your the best and no-one can't take that away from you, not even that B*T*H Yolanda!! For ever and ever, Ashley
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322485608

taylorbear's picture

taylorbear

I have seen the movie so many times, I cannot even count them. I first saw the movie when it came out in the theaters. I was touched and in tears, and everytime I watch it, the same feelings come over me. Selena was a remarkable woman, she was beautiful and oh so talented. And for this crazy woman Yolanda to take all of this away from the world is unforgivable. There are not many people in this world as sweet and caring as Selena was. She made everyone around her feel so loved and happy. This was such a tragedy, I wish we could turn back the hands of time sometimes, so this kind of tragedy would not happen to the angels left in this world. I cry often when I hear her music, and she will always be loved and remembered by all of us.. God bless her family, and her husband Chris. My son died 15 years ago, and I know that he is in heaven with Selena now, and she will be singing all those beautiful songs to the angels in heaven..We miss and love you dearly Selena!
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322485193

Slim's picture

Slim

i don't she should had died because i love her music and she was very pretty i'm her biggist fan in the world!!!...
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322487036

*~cia leia's picture

*~cia leia

10 years ago... I remember when I was in 3rd grade watching the news and my sister was crying. I asked her what was wrong? she said " Look! someone so beautiful on TV died" When I was saw, It was Selena. Since then my heart dropped. I couldnt understand how someone who touched so many hearts. Not only an angel on earth, she became an angel in heaven so soon. When I was growing up into a teenager, Somehow I kept her memory alive. I would put her cd in and play it loud. Even show my friends who never even heard of her. Her music touched so many hearts. I just cant believe who can even think about taking her life away from her family, her husband and her fans? The constant pain they drown in because of a useless bullet that yolanda pulled. Its hard just imagine what they gone through. My heart goes out to the family and Chris to this day.
Import Source: